sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 9, 2023 9:27 pm  #1

1960s TV Shows That Are Hardly Remembered

I'm not entirely sure this "slide show" article's title is correct - I do remember a lot of these shows, including The Good Guys, which starred a post-Gilligan Bob Denver and the great Herb Edelman. I haven't seen it in years, but there was at least one episode that was hilarious, in which Edelman's character, a diner owner named Bert, tries to film a TV commercial for his place. Even TV Guide reviewer Cleveland Amory thought it was great, despite what other critics of the era had to say.  

Sea Hunt, starring Lloyd Bridges, was a big hit in syndication, so why they say it was "hardly remembered" is beyond me. 

And then there was Diver Dan, a kids' show that was so cheap, it was filmed through an aquarium to make it look like it was happening under water. No one could ever forget that - or its memorable theme song. 

1960s TV Shows That Are Hardly Remembered

October 10, 2023 9:56 am  #2

Re: 1960s TV Shows That Are Hardly Remembered

In addition to Sea Hunt, Combat [5 years] and Death Valley Days [18 years] had very successful runs. Adam 12 currently airs on METV.

October 10, 2023 10:48 am  #3

What about Hank?

October 10, 2023 10:54 am  #4

"I'm Dickens, He's Fenster" starring John Astin and Marty Ingels is so obscure that it belonged on that list.

Alas, it was so obscure they missed it entirely.

Last edited by Peter the K (October 10, 2023 10:59 am)

October 22, 2023 1:19 pm  #5

Ale Ont wrote:

What about Hank?

What Happened To Hank

October 22, 2023 3:05 pm  #6

'Hank' was a sitcom featuring a man that ran a mobile canteen on a university campus who attended classes without registering in order to get an education.  I believe it ran Sunday nights on CBC, but didn't last long.

October 22, 2023 3:41 pm  #7

Diver Dan featuring Baron Barracuda, was part of Professor's Hideaway.  One of the very first shows on CFTO; after it opened.

October 25, 2023 11:41 am  #8

How about Rat Patrol, Sky King, Daktari, Johnny Quest (cartoon) Have Gun Will Travel, Kiddo A Clown (Trevor Evans in Toronto) Make Mine Country (Barrie) Razzle Dazzle (Al Hammel). God, I'm getting old.

October 25, 2023 1:15 pm  #9

Speaking of Kiddo The Clown...

October 25, 2023 1:28 pm  #10

My World and Welcome to it.

It was a clever show that lasted only one season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_World_and_Welcome_to_It

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.