sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 3, 2023 12:20 am  #1

On The Eve Of The Frasier Reboot, A Radio Correction

The writers on the reboot of Frasier have decided to correct something they never did in the original version - explain how Dr. Crane could live such a lavish lifestyle, wearing such elegant and expensive suits and living in such a huge apartment, all while working in radio.

They've decided to give the shrink a background of having investments in Boston, which explains why he could work for KACL and seem to be wealthy. 

"The writer [Joe Keenan] did, however, admit that they perhaps overestimated how much a radio presenter would be paid for his work.  “What we imagined to be the salary of a local radio personality was perhaps a little bit inflated,” he told Metro UK."

If they think Seattle radio pays that much, perhaps they may need a few sessions of their own on the doctor's couch!

Frasier writer clears up decades-old plot hole ahead of new reboot

October 3, 2023 10:07 am  #2

Re: On The Eve Of The Frasier Reboot, A Radio Correction

Frazier was always a favourite show for me.  However I thought it was a bit unrealistic that come contract time or when he threatened to quit the station always seemed to come through with a huge wage increase like 20% and doubling his allowance for clothing.  Same with Roz when Frazier got her a 15% raise.  Seems unrealistic for an AM station that often didn't do well in the ratings.  Remember the various format changes?  It never sounded like KACL was a big player in Seattle radio.  I think they only said once something about an FM station.

October 3, 2023 12:15 pm  #3

Where can we watch “Frasier ‘23”?

October 3, 2023 12:34 pm  #4

@djwildbill "=12pxWhere can we watch “Frasier ‘23”?"

Paramount +

October 3, 2023 12:49 pm  #5

djwildbill wrote:

Where can we watch “Frasier ‘23”?

CBS will be showing the first two episodes as a free-to-air preview in a bid to get you to subscribe to Paramount+. 

They'll air back-to-back on Tuesday, October 17th. So while you won't see the entire series unless you pay the piper (or in this case, the streamer) at least you'll have some idea of what the new show and characters will look like. 

October 4, 2023 12:25 am  #6

I seem to recall someone saying CHCH was going to carry it here.  I can't seem to find a source for that info. 

October 6, 2023 8:39 am  #7

Tomas Barlow wrote:

I seem to recall someone saying CHCH was going to carry it here.  I can't seem to find a source for that info. 

Perhaps so they can simsub the CBS telecast?

October 6, 2023 10:16 am  #8

Tomas Barlow wrote:

Confirmed. Here's the simulcast listing for CHCH as noted on zap2it.com. Note the odd start times. Make sure your DVR menu matches just in case.

Oddly, the times on CBS are even stranger. Show #1 is set to air from 9:15-9:53 PM. Episode 2 goes from 9:53-10:28 PM. 

Why the difference? Extra commercials or extra content? Either way, I think I'm going to be DVRing it off of CBS, just in case. 

October 6, 2023 7:17 pm  #9

RadioActive wrote:

Tomas Barlow wrote:

Confirmed. Here's the simulcast listing for CHCH as noted on zap2it.com. Note the odd start times. Make sure your DVR menu matches just in case.

Oddly, the times on CBS are even stranger. Show #1 is set to air from 9:15-9:53 PM. Episode 2 goes from 9:53-10:28 PM. 

Why the difference? Extra commercials or extra content? Either way, I think I'm going to be DVRing it off of CBS, just in case. 

Hopefully, WIVB will co-operate for you that night.

October 9, 2023 9:27 am  #10

The first reviews are in on the new Frasier reboot. And they're mostly pretty positive. 

From the Los Angeles Times:

The new ‘Frasier’ is classic and contemporary. And it’s quite good

Although it appears not everyone agrees.

A Return That's Neither Disappointing Nor Remarkable

October 9, 2023 9:43 am  #11