sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 22, 2024 6:04 pm  #1

Listen To A 3-Hr. Music Special Starring WKRP's Dr. Johnny Fever

Someone had a lot of time on their hands. They decided to go over every single scene featuring Howard Hesseman as Dr. Johnny Fever from WKRP, and put it together - music included - as a three hour radio special. 

We never really got to hear a lot of the Good Doctor on the show, since most of the action took place when the mic was off. So this may be your only chance to hear what a show featuring Dr. Johnny Fever (aka Heavy Early) might have sounded like. It runs 2 hours and 58 minutes. 

Sadly, I don't believe there's any Les Nessman on it, but perhaps that's a project for another day.

Hear it here.

April 22, 2024 9:28 pm  #2

Re: Listen To A 3-Hr. Music Special Starring WKRP's Dr. Johnny Fever

RadioActive wrote:

Sadly, I don't believe there's any Les Nessman on it

WKRP having more music and "less" Nesman was one of Johnny's greatest lines.

April 23, 2024 10:43 am  #3

At just under the first hour mark there is a clip of Mr. N.. There may very well be more.

April 23, 2024 12:01 pm  #4

Did they include airchecks from "The New WKRP"? Johnny Fever was back on the air for three episodes in the second season.

Incidentally, I was looking at the WKRP program guide on wikipedia - in what turned out to be the last episode of the original series Mrs. Carlson planned to convert the station to an all-news format, but was persuaded not to by Andy Travis. This was in 1982 so if she had gone through with her plan WKRP would have (fictionally) been ahead of curve when it came to the 1980s transition of AM stations from Top 40 to news/talk and become a market leader - making the episode even more ironic and funnier in retrospect. 

April 23, 2024 3:13 pm  #5

Is the Thanksgiving helicopter turkey drop included??

April 23, 2024 5:40 pm  #6

Hansa wrote:

Did they include airchecks from "The New WKRP"? Johnny Fever was back on the air for three episodes in the second season

I'm thinking not - all the music in the "show" is from the era of the original series.

Johnny B wrote:

Is the Thanksgiving helicopter turkey drop included??

It is not.

Last edited by Binson Echorec (April 23, 2024 5:43 pm)