sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 18, 2024 3:42 pm  #1

We have talked about the weather reporting and it's poor predictions

If you want more accurate predictions (although it is not detailed around Canada), this guy takes the cake. He is passionate about weather and has models built out through to May.

Ryan Hall is a successful You Tuber who has built a big following here is today's video look at what's in store weather wise. Oh and don't shoot me, I am just the messenger.

I'd say he is worth following on YouTube,

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

April 18, 2024 3:58 pm  #2

Re: We have talked about the weather reporting and it's poor predictions

Weather forecasts are always accurate, it's just the timing that can be off.....

April 18, 2024 6:52 pm  #3

I watched CFTO's news at noon broadcast today, and was pleased to see the young lady mention the temperature in Sudbury and include this area in her forecast prognosis . Now that the weekend newscasts no longer air from the local affiliate , I hope this trend continues. I do have to give credit to Global who usually give the north a mention and show us on their system maps on the weekend telecasts. 

April 19, 2024 8:40 am  #4

The U.S. Weather Channel is great in Hurricane season. Did you know that they name their winter snowstorms?

April 19, 2024 9:46 am  #5

If only the CTV Toronto weather presenter would slow down her delivery so we could at least decipher what she is speed talking.

April 19, 2024 2:58 pm  #6

>If only the CTV Toronto weather presenter would slow down her delivery so we could at least decipher what she is speed talking.

I thought I was the only one who HATED her delivery.  (the regular presenter is on maternity leave)

This lady talks so fast I'M out of breath by the time she finishes. Actually it often looks and sounds like she's out of breath too. 

Last edited by mikeprocess (April 19, 2024 2:58 pm)

April 19, 2024 4:32 pm  #7

mikeprocess wrote:

>If only the CTV Toronto weather presenter would slow down her delivery so we could at least decipher what she is speed talking.

I thought I was the only one who HATED her delivery.  (the regular presenter is on maternity leave)

This lady talks so fast I'M out of breath by the time she finishes. Actually it often looks and sounds like she's out of breath too. 

Everyone on CP24 reads the news like they get to leave early if they read the news fast enough. Someone at CFTO should tell her to slow down.

Lately, Zuraidah Alman and Andria Case, two normally great news anchors, also seem to do their reads pretty fast, and they end up stumbling on their words.