sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 15, 2024 2:46 pm  #1

Jim Reid

Jim Reid was a major part of the original CFNY-FM 102.1 The Spirit Of Radio, thoughout the eighties. He held down the midday slot (10 AM to 2 PM) during CFNY's most important era. He and James Scott (who also put on his wings some time back) would often present wonderful personality bits during their daily cross over.

Last Friday Jim left us. A talented and kind person, plus a model for midday - Jim shall live on in our ears for a very long time.

April 15, 2024 3:38 pm  #2

Re: Jim Reid

Sad to hear.  CFNY was my fave radio station in the 80's.  Fantastic alternative music and talented hosts.
Jim of course, among them.

April 15, 2024 4:51 pm  #3

He was affable, knowledgeable about the music. He was also on the MIX99.9 for a bit after CFNY.

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

April 15, 2024 5:22 pm  #4

My sympathies on the loss of your friend, Mr. Marsden. We are losing too many great ones too often these days.

April 15, 2024 6:18 pm  #5

newsguy1 wrote:

Sad to hear.  CFNY was my fave radio station in the 80's.  Fantastic alternative music and talented hosts. Jim of course, among them.

CFNY was where I first heard the Talking Heads and other bands that ruled my music world in the mid-late 70s into the 80s. Fond memories of listening. RIP, sigh...

April 15, 2024 8:23 pm  #6

Toronto Mike has reposted his interview with Jim Reid on his days at CFNY, if you'd like to hear that voice one last time.