sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 12, 2018 9:44 am  #1

lisa laflamme leaving ctv news?

heard some rumblings

anybody heard anything?

December 12, 2018 10:01 am  #2

Re: lisa laflamme leaving ctv news?

Is she older than she looks? 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

December 12, 2018 10:44 am  #3

There is one of those "FAKE" 'articles' on-line suggesting that Lisa is leaving to pursue her new skin care 'line'.  I've seen this along the way for another TV 'name' maybe 2 years ago?  It might have been Jeanne Becker?   It's some kind of advertising B.S.  You would think one might be able to successfully sue whomever for tampering with your reputation not to mention your career.  I think I remember one about Sidney Crosby being suspended for taking some illegal substances too.  Who knows where this crap originates from?

Russia?

Yo Boris. 

December 12, 2018 10:55 am  #4

Sorry to Jeanne.  I think it was Marilyn Dennis.  Or was it Roger?

December 12, 2018 11:00 am  #5

It was definitely Marilyn. I stumbled across the faux website once. It looked very real from the top, but as you scrolled down, it became increasingly obvious how ridiculous it was. She has since taken great pains to repeatedly distance herself from this thing, but such is the power of the Internet that many still fall for it.  

December 12, 2018 11:07 am  #6

Cheryl Hickey, ET Canada, followed Marilyn. The beat goes on...

December 15, 2018 8:51 am  #7

Ya it is a scam...CTV news reports that this is false advertising and if you feel it necessary to report it to the RCMP...

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/online-scam-uses-fake-endorsements-from-media-personalities-to-sell-products-1.4217635

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...