sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 7, 2018 4:27 pm  #1

Let's say hi, err...I mean "High" to our next guest

Joe Rogan's podcast/interview show, had the honour of welcoming Elon Musk, this week...and like all good guests, Musk, sipped Whiskey and smoked weed during the interview...

Here is a link to the story...

http://adage.com/article/media/elon-musk-smokes-weed-joe-rogan-s-show/314853/

My question for discussion is this, with Pot now being legalized to help people combat health issues, anxiety and mental health related issues...will smoking Pot (or weed) be acceptable to do on mainstream media talk shows one day soon?

Plus, will government agencies who govern the world wide web and podcasts like Joe Rogan's clamp down on this kind of thing from happening again?

Personally, I am not offended by it...but if I was host, I sure would play some "head games" with my guests...(smiling)...and of course I would offer Pizza and a bag of Dorito's in the "green room" for guests too!

But, share your views...

Cheers!

Last edited by Muffaraw Joe (September 7, 2018 4:31 pm)

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

September 7, 2018 5:50 pm  #2

Re: Let's say hi, err...I mean "High" to our next guest

I wouldn't want a guest on my show who was drunk. I can't see why I would want one who was high. (Unless, of course, I was interviewing Snoop Dogg, in which case I would expect him to be on something.)

It doesn't matter whether it's legal or not. Alcohol has been OK for a very long time. But if you heard someone who had a bit too many on air, you'd likely turn it off. Then again, is it alright if they had a drink or two before coming on air? As long as they're coherent, I suppose it's fine. Maybe the same applies to a puff or two. But I would rather have someone who was sober and chose to use AFTER they were done speaking.

(As a third point, Peter Marshall in his book about hosting the original Hollywood Squares noted that the shows taped after the cast and crew had lunch were always better because the celebrities had a few belts in them and were out of it by then. So who really knows?)  

September 7, 2018 9:09 pm  #3

Thanks RA, for you commentary, we don't know the condition hosts are in when on air...or being interviewed, in a sidebar story to all of this...TESLA stock prices dropped today on news of Musk's appearance...

I guess the share prices are going to "pot" as it were...

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/07/tesla-sinks-8percent-after-bizarre-musk-podcast-appearance-cao-exit.html

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

September 8, 2018 2:35 pm  #4

Looks like Musk is on his way to his 19th Nervous Breakdown.

Too many irons in the fire. Too much self-confidence. Too much stubbornness. Too little willingness to adhere to at least a modicum of respect for norms, no matter how quaint and dated he may think they are.

The next few weeks will be fascinating to watch.