sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 27, 2017 7:29 am  #1

Morning Show plugs

I gave up on 640's 'new' morning show after a couple of months, but I listen to a lot of their other programs.  Lately, I've noticed that every other host plugs the morning duo right off the bat.  They don't do that for any other shows.  Promotion, or desperation?

April 27, 2017 7:48 am  #2

Re: Morning Show plugs

Charlie wrote:

...Promotion, or desperation?

No, it's Corus Entertainment.

April 27, 2017 8:04 am  #3

That's what 'we' do in radio...plug the morning show...and whoever happens to be coming up next.  Gotta drive that audience Rawhide.

April 27, 2017 10:05 am  #4

Before CFRB 1010 became Newstalk 1010, the biggest disfunction was that each show was its own entity. Show Producers fought to scoop guests from each other and very rarely did one show acknowledge another. When 1010 rebranded to Newstalk, the shows were directed to work for the benefit of the station as a whole, rather than for the individual parts, and lo and behold, the station became more functional, consistant as a brand and successful.  (I was their Imaging Producer during the re-brand.)

It's a smart move on 640's part as long as the content is worth cross promoting. I only know Stafford and Kelly Cutrara and they're doing great work. 

April 27, 2017 10:46 am  #5

Charlie wrote:

Promotion, or desperation?  

Desperate promotion (bring J. Oakley back to mornings where he belongs)

April 27, 2017 11:03 am  #6

Oops. Can't forget Oakley.

April 27, 2017 11:23 am  #7

Kilgore wrote:

Charlie wrote:

Is it possible that John himself requested the move? Doing mornings does take a toll on a person.

April 27, 2017 7:03 pm  #8

cGrant wrote:

Kilgore wrote:

Charlie wrote:

Is it possible that John himself requested the move? Doing mornings does take a toll on a person.

Is it possible that Mr. Oakley is washed up?

April 28, 2017 9:15 am  #9

cGrant wrote:

Is it possible that John himself requested the move? Doing mornings does take a toll on a person

When J. Oakley walks into High Street fish 'n chips he receives a standing ovation and women throw their panties at him

April 28, 2017 9:18 am  #10

I've seen it happen.  Oakley is like the Tom Jones of High Street.