sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 18, 2022 7:00 pm  #1

basic knowledge required

I tuned to 1010 at 1pm today. I have no idea who the people on the panel were but they were ignorant of basic American political knowledge. They were discussing who they would like to see as US President. Two names were mentioned and both can't run. Barack Obama served two terms and can't run again. Elon Musk was born in South Africa.

Knowledge, people, knowledge. 

November 18, 2022 8:16 pm  #2

Re: basic knowledge required

cash wrote:

I tuned to 1010 at 1pm today. I have no idea who the people on the panel were but they were ignorant of basic American political knowledge. They were discussing who they would like to see as US President. Two names were mentioned and both can't run. Barack Obama served two terms and can't run again. Elon Musk was born in South Africa.

At least they showed up, which for that station these days, is an accomplishment.

November 19, 2022 10:55 am  #3

They rotate different guests for "Free For All Friday".  I used to listen when Amanda Galbraith was hosting, but she went on mat leave.  Since then, they are rotating different hosts, as well as different guests.

According to my podcast catcher...
This week's show is hosted by Mike Kakuk and features panelists Ryan Price, news director and afternoon drive host on CFAX 1070 in Victoria, B.C, and Karen Restoule, CEO of Shared Value Solutions, BOLD Realities and Whose Land.

November 19, 2022 3:40 pm  #4

While on the topic of basic knowledge, a usually-reliable source states that "Qatar" is pronounced "Cutter".  

November 19, 2022 5:26 pm  #5

Ms. C. wrote:

While on the topic of basic knowledge, a usually-reliable source states that "Qatar" is pronounced "Cutter".  

I always thought it was pronounced Kay-tar. Learn something new everyday.

PJ

ClassicHitsOnline.com...If you enjoy hearing the same 200 songs over and over again...listen to the other guys!

November 19, 2022 5:32 pm  #6

Paul Jeffries wrote:

Not to be confused with the keytar...

November 19, 2022 10:36 pm  #7

Paul Jeffries wrote:

Ms. C. wrote:

Qatar, in English pronunciation KUT-ter, KAH-ter, kuh-TAR, or GUH-ter.
— Britannica

November 19, 2022 10:39 pm  #8

I guess the stadium beer ban could have you singing, "While my Qatar gently weeps..."

November 19, 2022 11:46 pm  #9

Meanwhile Budweiser sales are ale-ing.

November 20, 2022 1:10 am  #10

cash wrote:

They were discussing who they would like to see as US President. Two names were mentioned and both can't run. Barack Obama served two terms and can't run again. Elon Musk was born in South Africa.

The best knowledge is that the wife can still run.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

November 20, 2022 1:37 pm  #11