sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 17, 2021 9:27 am  #31

Re: Should Chris Cuomo be taken off CNN?

Chris Cuomo returned from vacation on Monday and addressed the controversy for what he says is the only time on CNN.

Chris Cuomo and his brother: ‘I tried to do the right thing’

October 29, 2021 2:55 pm  #32

Andrew Cuomo has been charged

https://nypost.com/2021/10/28/andrew-cuomo-to-be-charged-over-alleged-groping-of-former-aide-source/

I still say you can't have a guy on during prime time and not deal with a major story. 

November 30, 2021 9:24 pm  #34

November 30, 2021 10:18 pm  #35

cash wrote:

i knew this would catch up to him. ......

Totally agree.  Politics/Ideology aside;  he "crossed the line"  long before these latest revelations.

Last edited by Media Observer (November 30, 2021 10:31 pm)

December 1, 2021 12:02 pm  #36

He's off CNN, but he still has a radio show on Sirius XM. And he was on it Tuesday night, mostly defending his brother and assigning blame for the scandal that hit the former N.Y. Gov. He didn't say much, though, about his own involvement. 

Chris Cuomo ignores scandal, defends disgraced brother Andrew Cuomo on radio show

December 1, 2021 12:49 pm  #37

It always amazes me how much Americans relish the political game, it really is another sport to them and takes up a lot of their thought, conversation, airspace, whereas even tho most Canadians take politics seriously, and devote their time and effort to build and maintain the community and country, it's a practical passion, like flossing and going to the dentist a couple of times a year.

December 4, 2021 6:37 pm  #38

December 4, 2021 9:05 pm  #39

betaylored wrote:

It always amazes me how much Americans relish the political game, it really is another sport to them and takes up a lot of their thought, conversation, airspace, whereas even tho most Canadians take politics seriously, and devote their time and effort to build and maintain the community and country, it's a practical passion, like flossing and going to the dentist a couple of times a year.

You are so right. As one who is married to an American, it drives me up an "effen" wall. It's been CNN non-stop for gawd knows how many years.

December 5, 2021 10:45 am  #40

alangee wrote:

betaylored wrote:

You are so right. As one who is married to an American, it drives me up an "effen" wall. It's been CNN non-stop for gawd knows how many years.

Count your blessings it wasn't Fox or OAN !! : )) .. 

December 5, 2021 11:14 am  #41

Looking forward to both Fox and CNN's media criticism shows at 11 AM Sunday to see how each spins this story. The CNN version should be especially uncomfortable to watch! 

December 5, 2021 12:27 pm  #42

Wow. On their Reliable Sources broadcast Sunday, the network's media pundit Brian Stelter revealed that one of the tangentially referred to facts in CNN's own investigation is an accusation filed by a female staffer who worked with Chris Cuomo at ABC News that she was sexually assaulted by him. Through a spokesman, Cuomo has unequivocally denied the charge. 

How ironic if both brothers were brought down not only by allegations of ethical breaches but by the #MeToo movement, as well. 

Should be noted that none of the accusations have been proven in court. 

December 5, 2021 5:17 pm  #43

I really admired Mario Cuomo (and there have never been any sort of rumours of misconduct in his personal life, I should add). It's a real shame that his sons have turned out to be such dirtbags. Even if the sexual assault allegation against Chris Cuomo isn't true the fact that he'd use his position as a CNN journalist to dig up information about his brother's accusors and feed them to his brother's team is obviously indefensible. On a human level, you can understand giving a sibling advice but Cuomo went far beyond that. 

December 5, 2021 9:41 pm  #44

https://nypost.com/2021/12/05/chris-cuomo-hit-with-sexual-misconduct-allegation-from-former-co-worker/?utm_campaign=nypdaily&utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_content=20211205&lctg=6079ac4f703029470392b83c&utm_term=NYP%20-%20Morning%20Report

It probably should be a requirement for high profile U.S. media employees when they're hired to sign a "promise of performance".

"I, the undersigned, do solemnly swear to do nothing by action or negligence that will make the news or Page Six section of The New York Post so help me bod."

Last edited by betaylored (December 5, 2021 9:44 pm)

December 5, 2021 9:46 pm  #45

alangee wrote:

betaylored wrote:

Ouch. Like having to watch the N.F.L. if the only thing you love is hockey.

December 6, 2021 2:13 pm  #46

Cuomo may be having issues with his Sirius XM show, as well. He wasn't on it Monday and there's no immediate word when he might return. 

“He will be back when he’s ready to go back on the air,” the source said.

“His contract is up in 2022, and it remains to be seen what happens up to that point.”

Chris Cuomo skips SiriusXM radio show in wake of sexual-misconduct allegation

December 6, 2021 4:56 pm  #47

Update: He's now been officially turfed from SiriusXM, as well. 

Chris Cuomo Ends SiriusXM Radio Show, Cites “Extraordinarily Difficult” Week For Family

December 6, 2021 6:27 pm  #48

RadioActive wrote:

Update: He's now been officially turfed from SiriusXM, as well. 

Chris Cuomo Ends SiriusXM Radio Show, Cites “Extraordinarily Difficult” Week For Family

A lot more claims and counterclaims, will keep this story alive for awhile yet.

Chris Cuomo prepping to sue CNN over his reported $6M-a-year contract (nypost.com)

December 7, 2021 5:29 pm  #49

And the hits just keep on coming!

Publisher pulls Chris Cuomo’s upcoming book

March 16, 2022 5:11 pm  #50

March 16, 2022 5:46 pm  #51

RadioActive wrote:

You had to know this was coming. 

Chris Cuomo wants $125 million for ‘unlawful’ CNN firing

He's not the only Cuomo who wants to fight on...

Andrew Cuomo considers run against Kathy Hochul for New York governor (cnbc.com)

July 26, 2022 10:05 pm  #52