sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 7, 2021 7:21 am  #1

Toronto today with Greg Brady

It seems Greg Brady has the morning show. It's being named "Toronto  Today"

September 7, 2021 8:24 am  #2

Re: Toronto today with Greg Brady

He said the show will be "highly interactive" whatever that means.

September 7, 2021 9:47 am  #3

Thanks! Sounds like a good reason to tune in. I'll have to give it a fair listen.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

September 8, 2021 9:02 pm  #4

Good for Greg Brady. He's worked hard and he deserved the gig, especially because he's essentially been their morning man since the Stafford debacle last June. And true to my prediction, they announced it right after Labour Day, when everything feels like a new season.

He made the announcement officially on the air Tuesday and explained how he wound up at 640, after having spent time in both Detroit and the Fan590. If you missed what it sounded like, you can hear it here

It's just too bad he won't be doing the live Saturday morning show anymore. I really enjoyed that at a time when there wasn't much else on local radio. 

September 8, 2021 11:48 pm  #5

Broadcast Dialogue outlines the changes at Corus stations across the province. 

Global News Radio introduces new morning and expanded regional shows across Ontario

September 9, 2021 10:06 am  #6

Congrats to Mr Brady. My only wish is that he could talk just a tad slower. I find him hard to follow when he gets excited, which in my opinion, is most of the time. https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons3/grin.png

October 4, 2021 10:24 am  #7

So browsing around various station websites this morning, I've noticed that TSN 1050 also has a program called "Toronto Today". And doing a bit of research, it looks like they both launched on the same day, September 7th... who blinks first?

October 4, 2021 11:36 am  #8

I'm pretty sure this board represents his highest quarter hour. I don't know anybody who listens to 640

October 4, 2021 2:10 pm  #9

TheWiz wrote:

So browsing around various station websites this morning, I've noticed that TSN 1050 also has a program called "Toronto Today". And doing a bit of research, it looks like they both launched on the same day, September 7th... who blinks first?

Neither station is the first to use the title. "Toronto Today" was a local CFTO show that aired in the 60s. It was hosted by Pat Murray. The only reference I could find for it was on an unfortunate blurb from 1967 about the host. 

https://i.ibb.co/87zCQdV/pat.jpg

Murray hosted other shows at Channel 9. Here's one no one remembers called "Free And Easy." It aired back in 1961, just shortly after the station first signed on the air. It ran for three hours every day! That's a lot of time to fill. 

https://i.ibb.co/NtF5XCQ/Pat-Murray-On-CFTO-TV-TV-Guide-Ad-May-8-1961.jpg

October 4, 2021 3:22 pm  #10

geo wrote:

Rune wrote:

I don't know anybody who listens to 640 

As reported previously on this board, incl. by myself & mic'em  the AM-1010 signal is weak north of Hwy 26/27.    AM 640 and AM 740 both have many regular listeners here in Canada's fastest-growing region (South & East Georgian Bay).         

Yes, Zoomer Radio is now very lucky to have a great group of children who name their favourite Zoomer music artists.

October 4, 2021 6:35 pm  #11

RadioActive wrote:

Neither station is the first to use the title. "Toronto Today" was a local CFTO show that aired in the 60s. It was hosted by Pat Murray. The only reference I could find for it was on an unfortunate blurb from 1967 about the host. 

& CFTO is owned by Bell today.  They also own 1050 today, so BELL wins? lol

I also remember many years ago when Scarborough was it's own city and the late great Scarborough cable 10 used to have their own news program called Scarborough today. I'm not sure if Rogers or Shaw ever had a similar show for the downtown Toronto cable customers. If so, that would have been another Toronto Today program... 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

October 4, 2021 6:54 pm  #12

geo wrote:

djwildbill wrote:

Zoomer Radio is now very lucky to have a great group of children who name their favorite Zoomer music artists 

My cats Moses & Libby listen religiously to Robbie Lane and his disciples

Perhaps my black standard poodles Conrad and Barbara would enjoy Zoomer.

October 9, 2021 10:59 pm  #13

Rune wrote:

I'm pretty sure this board represents his highest quarter hour. I don't know anybody who listens to 640

Amen - I keep 640 on my internet radio preset but rarely engage
It's sort of 'all pandemic all the time' radio - 
Greg seems to pronounce Toronto Public Health and Dougie Ford's messaging without any 'on the other hand' thoughts or facts - 
Masks + kids ??  Vaccs + kids ??  ----- ponderous

When the hand goes up, the mouth goes shut !
~ Harvey Atkin

October 10, 2021 11:15 am  #14

Greg Brady recently dropped by my backyard to chat about his new 640 gig and to open up about the toxic work environment he experienced at 590. I think it's well worth your time. 

https://www.torontomike.com/2021/09/greg-brady-toronto-miked-podcast-episode-922/

October 10, 2021 12:07 pm  #15

torontomike wrote:

Greg Brady recently dropped by my backyard to chat about his new 640 gig and to open up about the toxic work environment he experienced at 590. I think it's well worth your time. 

https://www.torontomike.com/2021/09/greg-brady-toronto-miked-podcast-episode-922/

Thanks for the reminder.  I'll give it a listen now.

October 10, 2021 12:35 pm  #16

betaylored wrote:

geo wrote:

djwildbill wrote:

Zoomer Radio is now very lucky to have a great group of children who name their favorite Zoomer music artists 

My 2 tortoises, Jean and Howard came from Oakville 50 years ago.

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

October 10, 2021 1:08 pm  #17

"My 2 tortoises, Jean and Howard came from Oakville 50 years ago."

Long walk from Wyecroft.

Last edited by The Weed (October 10, 2021 1:08 pm)

October 10, 2021 1:37 pm  #18

The Weed wrote:

"My 2 tortoises, Jean and Howard came from Oakville 50 years ago."

Long walk from Wyecroft.

Even longer when you consider that they started their local journey on Colborne St. (Lakeshore), and ended up back in the downtown at Trafalgar and Church... 

October 10, 2021 11:24 pm  #19

ig wrote:

betaylored wrote:

geo wrote:

My 2 tortoises, Jean and Howard came from Oakville 50 years ago.

Uncle! 👏👏👏😁