sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 2, 2023 8:01 pm  #1

Roy Green Returns After Almost Four Months Off Air

This weekend marks the return of a veteran talk show host and radio personality who's been absent since February. Roy Green was diagnosed with prostate cancer and was forced to have an operation and spent several weeks in the ICU to try and cure the illness. It appears it worked, because he'll be back on the Corus Radio Network beginning Saturday afternoon. 

As someone who's been through it, I can tell you the recovery period is no fun, but the good news is it's one of the most curable forms of the disease if it's caught early. I spent most of my four weeks or so recovering at home, putting my time to good use by digitizing all my old radio tapes. I'm not sure I would have ever gotten around to it if it hadn't been for the fact I had to lay low that long.

So what does a guy who can't wait to express his opinions have to say after keeping them bottled up for so long? His first show back should be interesting. But according to his Twitter feed, guest #1 is scheduled to be "the person who saved his life." It begins at 2 PM on AM 640 and 900 CHML, amongst other stations.