sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 22, 2023 8:49 pm  #1

Couldn't CTV London and Windsor do this?

If you didn't know CIVI on Vancouver Island simulcasts CFAX in the mornings which is really neat. But the question is why couldn't CFPL in London and CHWI in Windsor do this instead of repeating the 11PM news in the mornings? They could of done something useful to their viewers by simulcasting the morning show from CJBK 1290 in London and CKLW AM800 in Windsor. To provide morning news updates, traffic and weather to viewers just like what CIVI does to viewers across Vancouver Island.

Here is a video of what I mean.

May 22, 2023 10:08 pm  #2

Re: Couldn't CTV London and Windsor do this?

My TV provider carries CHWI and I have seen them simulcast the CKLW morning show. In-studio cameras and everything. Interesting that even though their Big 8 days have long passed, they still give temps in C and F.

May 22, 2023 10:18 pm  #3

CIVI has been doing this ever since A-Channel Morning was cancelled in March 2009.

Ida Spencer wrote:

My TV provider carries CHWI and I have seen them simulcast the CKLW morning show. In-studio cameras and everything. Interesting that even though their Big 8 days have long passed, they still give temps in C and F.

That’s good that Windsor does that. I think they pretty much have to do something, being in the shadow of Detroit’s TV morning shows.

May 23, 2023 10:04 am  #4

Ida Spencer wrote:

I watched it for a while this morning.  Interesting to see them put together the CKLW 800 morning show on TV.  The screen is all split up with weather, in studio shots, traffic, promo for the other radio morning shows etc.

They do the temps in C and F since they are on the border.  Likely as a courtesy to any US viewers that may be watching.  

May 23, 2023 12:09 pm  #5

I just looked on the TV Passport guide for Windsor and it does show the AM800 Morning Drive in the CTV2 section. I doubt that London will get on board here like Windsor and Vancouver Island. I guess CFPL will repeat the 11PM news just like CKVR in Barrie does.