sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 4, 2023 8:08 am  #1

"Vinyl Tap" Continues As A Podcast - But Leaves Corus Stations

Randy Bachman left CBC a few years ago and has now lost another radio home.

Corus confirms his Vinyl Tap show aired its final episode on April 30th. It had been airing on Q107 in Toronto and Y108 in Hamilton, along with a fair number of other Corus stations across the country, including Barrie (Big 101.1), London (FM 96) and Kitchener (107.5 Dave Rocks). As of this post, they still haven't updated the site, so you can see all the stations that were taking the show here

It will continue in podcast form, but will no longer be available on the Corus stations. 

You can still hear the show here. 

May 4, 2023 7:46 pm  #2

Re: "Vinyl Tap" Continues As A Podcast - But Leaves Corus Stations

Very disappointing I enjoyed listening to Vinyl Tap on FM96 Sunday nights. But what was the main reason for it to leave the airwaves? cost cutting? Also it is still listed on Cool 94.5's website which is owned by Blackburn Media Inc. Maybe CKLO 98.1 in London could air it instead? Take all of FM96's listeners to 98.1 instead? We will have to wait and see.

Last edited by haydenmatthews14 (May 4, 2023 8:00 pm)

May 4, 2023 7:53 pm  #3

This version of the show was somehow worse than the one on CBC.

I thought Orbyt (Bell) with input from Corus would have made it less self-indulgent, but...nope. He went all-in.

May 4, 2023 8:08 pm  #4

RadioAaron wrote:

I thought Orbyt (Bell) with input from Corus would have made it less self-indulgent, but...nope. He went all-in.

On the Vinyl Tap website it shows that CHOM 97.7 also airs it as owned by Bell Media in partnership with iHeartRadio Canada. It also shows the iHeartRadio icon on the podcast part of the site that Radio Active was talking about.

May 4, 2023 8:20 pm  #5

haydenmatthews14 wrote:

RadioAaron wrote:

On the Vinyl Tap website it shows that CHOM 97.7 also airs it as owned by Bell Media in partnership with iHeartRadio Canada. It also shows the iHeartRadio icon on the podcast part of the site that Radio Active was talking about.

Yes, Bell was the syndicator, but Corus was the biggest affiliate.