sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 24, 2023 8:21 am  #1

CFRB Host John Moore's Really Awful, Terribly Bad, Truly Rotten Day

I kind of felt bad for John Moore on CFRB in the morning. First, it's a Monday, which is almost always a terrible thing. But then it got worse.

He had two promoed guests that didn't show up, forcing him to fill with back-up material.

He was trying to figure out new equipment in his studio that was giving him a hard time.

Someone stole both of his licence plates, forcing him to deal with all kinds of red tape, and leaving him to cancel his old ones and try to get replacements.

And one listener was even taking issue with his delivery of a weather forecast!

Add to that all the little behind-the-scenes annoyances that happen during every radio show and you get the idea that it was not a good day. You rarely hear a radio personality talk about how they're feeling on-air. So you know this must have been one awful morning. 

Therefore, in his honour, with the hope that tomorrow is better:

April 24, 2023 9:07 am  #2

Re: CFRB Host John Moore's Really Awful, Terribly Bad, Truly Rotten Day

I feel for the nicked license plates. It happened to me years ago and it is very, very annoying.

April 24, 2023 1:05 pm  #3

John also mentioned later on in his show he has to go to the dentist too, for a root canal I believe he said.

Service Ontario and the dentist all in one day. That calls for a good follow up anesthetic once home, in a glass perhaps?🥃

Almost everything is useful on-air content when you drill down.

Even on a challenging morning, Mr. Moore is good company and a pro.

Last edited by betaylored (April 24, 2023 1:11 pm)

April 24, 2023 1:15 pm  #4

I think he complained about having his first cavity in years but either way, for him, getting through Monday's show was like pulling teeth!