sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 27, 2023 12:45 pm  #1

Subcarrier "Decades" Is No More. Here's What's Taken Its Place

It's probably the one subcarrier network I always wanted to get the most but couldn't. It was called Decades and it highlighted various eras divided into ten year periods, along with the usual sitcom reruns. It featured a nightly show, anchored by Bill Kurtis, about current events during various decades, and it also featured replays of classic performances on the Ed Sullivan Show and repeats of the Dick Cavett talk show. 

It was featured on low power WBBZ-TV Buffalo's 67-7 subcarrier, which sadly, rarely reaches the GTA. 

And now, after less than a decade in existence, it's over. The owner of the channel has changed it into yet another non-stop sitcom rerun outlet, this one called "Catchy Comedy." 

I will miss the old one, even though I rarely saw it. Reruns are more of the same on these channels. Decades was something a little extra special. But now its time is done. 

Weigel Hopes Viewers Find Rebrand of Decades Network More Catchy

March 27, 2023 7:21 pm  #2

Re: Subcarrier "Decades" Is No More. Here's What's Taken Its Place

Two seasons of The Dick Cavett Show are available free on Tubi.   There is also a continuous streaming 24 hour channel of excerpts of classic rock singers and comedy legends on the Ed Sullivan Show on Pluto TV.