sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 13, 2023 7:23 am  #1

Dawn Chubai

I haven't tuned in since Dina's last show, but scrolling through BT's Twitter feed, it seems like Dawn Chubai is now taking her chair. She seems delightful. Is this a fill-in or will she now be the new co-host? Would you think they'd hire from within the show or the station? 

Chubai's bio on Twitter shows no indication that she's a full-time host on BT, but a "National TV Host and On-Camera Coach."

March 13, 2023 8:20 am  #2

Re: Dawn Chubai

On loan from TSC for the month of March, she's from Vancouver. That's what they are saying on the show. Be a tough sell I would think to get her to move.  

March 13, 2023 8:47 am  #3

It's to my understanding that Dawn is a temporary quick fix. 
A replacement will surface shortly. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

March 13, 2023 12:53 pm  #4

Her Instagram bio says she's the host of BT for the month of March. 

She's come a long way from her role as the traffic reporter on A-Channel Edmonton's Big Breakfast back in the late 90s/early 2000s. 

Last edited by ED1 (March 13, 2023 12:55 pm)

March 13, 2023 6:09 pm  #5

This is what I figured. Tuned in a bit today, and she's fitting right in. 

March 13, 2023 6:23 pm  #6

Why do so many posters here insist on using a subject name with just "Firstname Lastname" and that's it?  No more context than that, just... nothing. Not even a simple "Firstname Lastname As Temporary BT Host?" or "Firstname Lastname To Toronto BT?". For the life of me I don't get it. Nobody would write an E-mail subject line with that - or an old-school newspaper "slug". It tells you nothing about the thread's contents before clicking in - and worse than the vagueness/no heads-up about skipping or clicking-in, a single "Firstname Lastname" convention on this board has come to more be used standard to represent a death.

I'd never heard of this individual, but clicked in expecting a link to an obituary or at best some sad health news. Relieved to see that isn't the case, but a simple, better subject line could've prevented that - and better summarized the nature of the initial thread-starting post.

March 14, 2023 7:36 am  #7

AspectRatio wrote:

Why do so many posters here insist on using a subject name with just "Firstname Lastname" and that's it?  No more context than that, just... nothing. Not even a simple "Firstname Lastname As Temporary BT Host?" or "Firstname Lastname To Toronto BT?". For the life of me I don't get it. Nobody would write an E-mail subject line with that - or an old-school newspaper "slug". It tells you nothing about the thread's contents before clicking in - and worse than the vagueness/no heads-up about skipping or clicking-in, a single "Firstname Lastname" convention on this board has come to more be used standard to represent a death.

I'd never heard of this individual, but clicked in expecting a link to an obituary or at best some sad health news. Relieved to see that isn't the case, but a simple, better subject line could've prevented that - and better summarized the nature of the initial thread-starting post.

I see your point, however, `insist' is not the word. We didn't have a yellow board meeting where we voted that the subjects should only include a person's first and last name. I don't think any of us that subject's THAT seriously.