sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 1, 2023 12:49 pm  #1

"MeTV Mall" Sells Amazing Retro Music Players & Radios

You have to give credit to a nostalgia network like MeTV. They're hard to get here in the GTA, playing on a low power TV station near Buffalo. But their website features a host of fun stuff, including trivia, quizzes and stories on the programs the retro network shows. 

And then there's this - a page that will sell you distinctive historic-appearing gear that not only includes radios, but also turntables and cassette players. I say "historic-appearing," since many of them add Bluetooth and other more modern innovations. 

Some of them are pretty terrific looking, though it appears Canadians can't buy them even if they were willing to pay the exchange and shipping. 

Here are a few of my favourites off their "MeTV Mall" page, including an old style radio and a turntable combo that looks like one you'd find in a 50s or 60s style automobile and folds into a radio. You can see more of them here.  

March 1, 2023 6:53 pm  #2

Re: "MeTV Mall" Sells Amazing Retro Music Players & Radios

I have seen the top Studebaker radio for sale on Facebook Marketplace. If I remember  correct, it was about 60$. 

March 1, 2023 6:57 pm  #3

When I am in Vancouver I have MeTV on all the time.  I believe it comes out of Bellingham Washington.  I just wish we could get it here.  They are the best in nostalgia TV as far as I am concerned.

March 1, 2023 6:59 pm  #4

I have two Crosley radios at home.  Both have Bluetooth.  I love on a Saturday night to tune in a station on my iPhone and then send it to the old-fashioned looking Crosley.

March 1, 2023 7:00 pm  #5

mic'em wrote:

I have seen the top Studebaker radio for sale on Facebook Marketplace. If I remember  correct, it was about 60$. 

Studebaker has a separate website all of its own, with even more great stuff for sale. Fun to look at even if you don't want to buy anything. 

Studebaker HiFi

March 1, 2023 7:11 pm  #6

I have been collecting vintage radios since last spring and possess 18 of them. I just picked one of these last week in the original box for 20$. https://6364cadillac.ning.com/forum/topics/picked-up-that-vintage-1963-convertible-cadillac-solid-state-radi

March 1, 2023 7:47 pm  #7

Don't buy one of these to play your vinyls. Please. Get a proper turntable for your grailz.