sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 1, 2016 4:40 pm  #1

An Online Radio Challenge - Can You Master The Control Room?

I recently rediscovered this webpage and it's a lot of fun. But beware if you're at work - it's a tremendous time waster. (It also takes a few seconds to load, so be patient.)

If you haven't seen it before, the idea is to hit the post or at least not step on the vocal. It's part of a tribute page to the old WRC in Washington D.C.  

WRC Control Room

Here's an older version that uses a Christmas theme:

WRC Control Room Christmas Edition

Last edited by RadioActive (September 1, 2016 8:55 pm)

September 1, 2016 7:47 pm  #2

Re: An Online Radio Challenge - Can You Master The Control Room?

LOL - I am enjoying this already ..lo

Cheers,
Jody Thornton

September 2, 2016 12:29 am  #3

Re: An Online Radio Challenge - Can You Master The Control Room?

That website was interesting.

my very first master control job in 1988.... five reel machines.  one was the VT and the rest needed to be cued manually because the damn talent couldn't be bothered to follow a playlist.  How the hell was i supposed to know the difference between the songs, if i missed a dropout?  it was a 50s show! of course there were also 3 cart machines for commercials.  Two backup turntables for the "deep cuts".  Don't even ask about the training period!

...and that's how my 16 year old self spent my saturday nites in northern ontario.  Felt like an octopus most of the time.  No matter, it was a radio gig, and i was grateful to have it. lucky, in retrospect, that the station management took the time and chance to hire a kid.  I would love to name names in my autobiography one of these days!