sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 2, 2023 8:30 am  #1

AMC Canada Celebrates Groundhog Day In The Best Possible Way

If AMC Canada is in your cable package, you may want to read this twice. Or maybe six times. The station is celebrating Groundhog Day on Thursday, by showing the famous Bill Murray flick of the same name no less than six times in a row. The showings start at 11 AM and keep on running until the final unspooling at 11:30 PM. 

If you've never seen it, it's about a TV weatherman who keeps experiencing Groundhog Day over and over and over again until he finally figures out how to break the pattern.

A great flick, a nice stunt - and not the only time cable stations do this. On Christmas, TBS and TNT in the U.S. show "A Christmas Story" for 24 hours straight. 

February 2, 2023 11:32 am  #2

Re: AMC Canada Celebrates Groundhog Day In The Best Possible Way

Wiarton Willie was the outlier of the critters forecasting this morning.  All of the others are calling for six more weeks of winter.  Willie an early spring.  I was impressed with the amount of coverage that Lucy The Lobster out of the Sable Island Causeway in Nova Scotia received.   CBC and CTV were there when Lucy crawled out of the ocean.  I hear they had a "shell" of a good time with all of the festivities.  But rumours were that a few of the locals did get their "claws out" when they heard of six more weeks of winter.....

February 2, 2023 3:18 pm  #3

Quantum Leap, last Monday had a very interesting episode where the same thing kept happening over and over again. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

February 2, 2023 4:23 pm  #4

paterson1 wrote:

Wiarton Willie was the outlier of the critters forecasting this morning.  All of the others are calling for six more weeks of winter.  Willie an early spring.  I was impressed with the amount of coverage that Lucy The Lobster out of the Sable Island Causeway in Nova Scotia received.   CBC and CTV were there when Lucy crawled out of the ocean.  I hear they had a "shell" of a good time with all of the festivities.  But rumours were that a few of the locals did get their "claws out" when they heard of six more weeks of winter.....

wonder if they'd have had a better result if they'd showed Lucy a dish of melted garlic butter and a bib. 😋
sad to hear about the tragic situation they had this morning in Quebec with their groundhog Fred the Marmotte, but chuckled at the perfect pun the CBC whipped up as the headline.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/fred-la-marmotte-dies-1.6734368

Last edited by betaylored (February 2, 2023 4:25 pm)

February 2, 2023 5:12 pm  #5

betaylored wrote:

paterson1 wrote:

wonder if they'd have had a better result if they'd showed Lucy a dish of melted garlic butter and a bib. 😋
sad to hear about the tragic situation they had this morning in Quebec with their groundhog Fred the Marmotte, but chuckled at the perfect pun the CBC whipped up as the headline.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/fred-la-marmotte-dies-1.6734368

That is a good headline!   Apparently France is also looking at six more weeks of winter.  A groundhog in the countryside outside of Paris could only see it's "chateau" this morning....