sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 3, 2023 3:37 pm  #1

George Noory Celebrates 20th Year As Host Of Coast To Coast AM

It isn't really heard on Canadian radio anymore, but Coast To Coast AM host George Noory reached a milestone with the calendar change - 20 years at the head of one of the biggest syndicated radio shows in North America. He took over after original host Art Bell passed away. (Although given Coast's penchant for conspiracy theories, you have to wonder if his listeners think Bell is still alive somewhere, perhaps finally kidnapped by aliens.)

Although I wasn't a listener, I'm curious to know if this show will ever return to any stations in Canada. It's currently listed on the Coast website as airing on just one station in all of Canada and that one, in Toronto. But it's one I've never heard of - an Internet only station supposedly called "Soun-FM," which I have not been able to find online.

Noory Celebrates 20th Year as Host of Coast To Coast AM

January 3, 2023 4:40 pm  #2

Re: George Noory Celebrates 20th Year As Host Of Coast To Coast AM

Local boy Richard Syrett used to fill in. What a psycho he turned out to be - I can see why they stopped using him.

January 3, 2023 4:54 pm  #3

He's Sauga 960's afternoon drive guy. I think there's a conspiracy to keep him out of mornings!

January 3, 2023 4:59 pm  #4

Noory took over Coast to Coast after Art Bell retired, not after Art Bell passed away. Bell passed away in 2018.

In fact, Art Bell continued to occasionally guest host C2C after Noory took over as the regular host, but I do believe there was some sort of fall out between them that eventually led to Art Bell disassociating himself with C2C.

January 3, 2023 5:09 pm  #5

Wow, thanks for the update. I wasn't a regular listener so I had no idea that he was still "somewhere out there" when Noory took over. I wonder what came between them. 

January 3, 2023 5:19 pm  #6

Think Syrett still guest hosts from time to time.  When it's late and I can't sleep I listen on WJET or WOR from time to time.  IHeart app on Google Hub pulls it in.  Now and then the stations play some old Art Bell shows.  Yeah, I know some of it is schlock but as far as the other options overnight, I enjoy it depending who the guest is.  The astrology and ghost hunter folks can take a hike, but last night they had an investment guy who was very interesting.  The things you listen to when you're up all night hacking and coughing with Covis.

January 3, 2023 5:57 pm  #7

George Noory is a native of Detroit & has often said on his show that he was the last person to interview Jimmy Hoffa. I used to listen a lot more than I do now. Noory is a pretty smooth guy on the air.

I've heard some great stuff on occasion but lots & lots of crap too.

Just like any daily program it's a home run sometimes mixed in with lots strike outs along the way.