sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 28, 2022 8:45 pm  #1

The CBC Has No Shame

Many of you know the recent story of Liberal cabinet minister Mary Ng. She was found guilty earlier this month of breaking ethics laws by awarding a federal government contract to a friend. That friend who accepted the contract is one Amanda Alvaro. She's the head of her own company called Pomp and Circumstance - a mouthpiece for the Trudeau Liberals. Ng was forced to apolgize in the house for her immoral actions. But I'm more interested in Ms. Alvaro.

Alvaro appeared today as part of the "power panel" on the Power & Politics program on CBC. That surprises me. She is directly tied to Minister Ng's lack of judgement/character yet her chair on the Power Panel doesn't appear to be in jeopardy. Alvaro has been a contributor on Power and Politics in the past. But I wonder why no one at CBC suggested she take a time out & some time off. Yet another case of a "lack of ethics" on full display? This time by CBC?

If you ask me the answer is a definite yes to both. 

Last edited by unclefester (December 28, 2022 11:12 pm)

December 29, 2022 1:42 am  #2

Re: The CBC Has No Shame

Conrad Black is the subject of breathless fawning here when he appears on a panel or writes a piece for a newspaper and he has been to the crowbar saloon.
Evan Solomon is morally bankrupt and everyone here  loved the shows he hosted anyway. At least the CBC fired him and Amanda Lang for conflict of interest or ethics violations and Bell Media hired both of them as hosts.
To me that’s worse than having someone questionable as a panelist because everyone knows panelists  are completely biased.

Last edited by Tomas Barlow (December 29, 2022 1:51 am)