sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 26, 2016 5:45 pm  #31

Re: DAWG FM

The CRTC explains the reasons in its decision issued on August 23rd. 

"Torres Media has been unable to secure a new transmission site. Torres submitted that it wishes to proceed with the frequency exchange, but to continue operating CIDG-FM from its current transmission site and under its existing technical parameters as a temporary solution until a new transmission site can be secured.

Consequently, Torres filed an application to change the authorized contours of CIDG-FM to operate the station at 101.7 MHz (channel 269A), at its current transmission site and under its existing technical parameters..."

Much more here

August 26, 2016 5:53 pm  #32

Not quite. Torres filed that recent application because they found out they could not move to the new site with the new power. So they filed this app. to stay at the current site for now with the same power but still proceed with the frequency swap.
I assumed the swap that was scheduled for the 19th got scuttled because they had not secured the commissions blessing. The postings for the delay of the swap to happen tonight at 7PM [Aug 26] were only put up hours ago. So something must be a-miss. I am sure a project like this must have a lot of 'i's' and 't's' to cross, techs to arrange, parts.....

Last edited by andysradio (August 26, 2016 6:00 pm)

August 26, 2016 7:19 pm  #33

For the geeks following along on BDS, the playlist you're seeing is actually BOOM 101.9 Cornwall, as their Ottawa receiver is picking up that instead of CIDG.

August 26, 2016 7:39 pm  #34

No edit job on a song or two, airing foul language and all. 
Not a complaint, just a mere observation. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

August 26, 2016 8:03 pm  #35

gee, AC/DC, Pearl Jam and the Tragically Hip....i'm sufficiently refreshed....ahem.

August 26, 2016 8:46 pm  #36

That's kinda cherry-picked. It's a little more interesting than that.

August 26, 2016 11:47 pm  #37

dawg has been granted a cat?

August 27, 2016 9:11 am  #38

Rebel sounds pretty good. A bit all over the place but pure rock. They keep saying this is a preview. Perhaps the real playlist will be a bit more targeted and tighter    ?

August 27, 2016 12:40 pm  #39

fm4life wrote:

Rebel sounds pretty good. A bit all over the place but pure rock. They keep saying this is a preview. Perhaps the real playlist will be a bit more targeted and tighter ?

It might be that it is what it is, mainly because it's an independent station, not a cookie cutter.
I hope they at least do well enough to get the ratings Bear had...possibly better.
Their new morning show should be a good clue that Mr. Torres DOES know what he is doing...Darryl himself sounds like a smart start for a brand new radio station maintaining a rock variety format...(in Ottawa)

August 27, 2016 1:01 pm  #40

fm4life wrote:

Rebel sounds pretty good. A bit all over the place but pure rock. They keep saying this is a preview. Perhaps the real playlist will be a bit more targeted and tighter ?

Who the heck wants a "more targeted and tighter" playlist?  THAT'S boring.  And already overdone.

August 27, 2016 1:31 pm  #41

All I have said is they need more hard rock. After a certain time of day play more of a siriusxm octane sound. There is a huge metal and hard rock following especially in the Ottawa area

August 27, 2016 4:27 pm  #42

Old Codger wrote:

fm4life wrote:

Who the heck wants a "more targeted and tighter" playlist?  THAT'S boring.  And already overdone.

And a way to get ratings. If this stays as is, and I'm pretty sure it will, they'll be lucky to beat DAWG's numbers.

August 27, 2016 6:19 pm  #43

after listening full time for awhile, i stand corrected.  The new Airbourne and Pretty Reckless tracks, as well as Whitesnake's  Fool for your Lovin.  This could be appealing.  but they still need to pad with the old timey hits, which is understandable.  It's a bleedin shame they have to use that crappy Nikki Sixx excuse for a "radio show"

Last edited by splunge (August 27, 2016 6:20 pm)

August 27, 2016 9:27 pm  #44

Don wrote:

And a way to get ratings. If this stays as is, and I'm pretty sure it will, they'll be lucky to beat DAWG's numbers.

If they don't have the music right enough for ratings, then at least they were smart enough to hire the right radio talent. (for mornings)

Hiring the right people is a hint that the intent to do well is there. 
It'll be interesting to see what ratings they actually get.

August 27, 2016 10:10 pm  #45

splunge wrote:

after listening full time for awhile, i stand corrected.  The new Airbourne and Pretty Reckless tracks, as well as Whitesnake's  Fool for your Lovin.  This could be appealing.  but they still need to pad with the old timey hits, which is understandable.  It's a bleedin shame they have to use that crappy Nikki Sixx excuse for a "radio show"

It's just the sideshow countdown so it will air once or twice a week. Although I do like his show but the countdown is better for this station