sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 10, 2016 9:15 am  #1

Inside The Fox News Bunker

Love Fox News or hate it, this is a fascinating article about what's apparently going on behind the scenes at the #1 cable news network in the U.S., after the stunning resignation of its famous leader on sexual harassment charges. It's from Vanity Fair, which knows a thing or two about journalism and uses admittedly anonymous sources to give the impression that while Fox News seems cohesive on air, off camera it's a swamp.  

Inside The Fox News Bunker     

I can relate to this in one small way. I once worked for a tyrannical news director type who terrorized his employees for years. He had a small cadre of sycophants, while everyone else simply tried to do their jobs as best they could, hoping to avoid his wrath. If he loved you, you were golden. If he didn't, your life was difficult, to say the least.

The day he got fired came very unexpectedly, but it was easy to spot what camp each segment of the newsroom was in. Those who were loyal to the man were near tears about his sudden dismissal. But there was a large contingent who simply could not stop smiling that whole day.

And this was at a local station. I can't imagine what it's like at a major network seen worldwide.

August 10, 2016 9:51 am  #2

Re: Inside The Fox News Bunker

RadioActive wrote:

The day he got fired came very unexpectedly...

LIve by the sword, die by the sword.