sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 9, 2016 4:25 pm  #1

Torstar lays off more than 50

(Mostly from Star Touch (not the DTMF one!) and not surprisingly really.  As an absolute news junkie I've tried using it a ton of times and it's just a piece of crap.  I always erased it one more time than I've downloaded it. You can tell it was designed to  'blow them away in the boardroom' but when it got to the street it just fizzled.)  

[Via [url=http://TORONTO - The company that owns the Toronto Star is laying off more than 50 people. David Holland, Torstar's acting president and publisher, says in a staff memo that 22 employees, including 19 full-time workers in the Toronto Star newsroom, will be let go. Holland says another 26 temporary staff, mostly from the newspaper's tablet app Star Touch, will depart the company over the next couple of months. Toronto Star spokesman Bob Hepburn says an additional four positions are being eliminated at its Metro newspaper chain. The layoffs come amid print advertising revenue declines that continue to bite away at Torstar's bottom line. Torstar reported its second quarter results last month, posting a $23.9-million loss.]CP24[/url]]

TORONTO - The company that owns the Toronto Star is laying off more than 50 people.

David Holland, Torstar's acting president and publisher, says in a staff memo that 22 employees, including 19 full-time workers in the Toronto Star newsroom, will be let go.

Holland says another 26 temporary staff, mostly from the newspaper's tablet app Star Touch, will depart the company over the next couple of months.

Toronto Star spokesman Bob Hepburn says an additional four positions are being eliminated at its Metro newspaper chain.

The layoffs come amid print advertising revenue declines that continue to bite away at Torstar's bottom line.
Torstar reported its second quarter results last month, posting a $23.9-million loss.

[url=http://TORONTO - The company that owns the Toronto Star is laying off more than 50 people. David Holland, Torstar's acting president and publisher, says in a staff memo that 22 employees, including 19 full-time workers in the Toronto Star newsroom, will be let go. Holland says another 26 temporary staff, mostly from the newspaper's tablet app Star Touch, will depart the company over the next couple of months. Toronto Star spokesman Bob Hepburn says an additional four positions are being eliminated at its Metro newspaper chain. The layoffs come amid print advertising revenue declines that continue to bite away at Torstar's bottom line. Torstar reported its second quarter results last month, posting a $23.9-million loss.]More[/url]...

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

August 9, 2016 5:32 pm  #2

Re: Torstar lays off more than 50

Metro shot themselves in the foot when they gave up their right to be all over the Toronto Subway system.
Now it's 24 everywhere, easily accessible...to the point where I'm willing to say "Metro? What's that?" lol

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.