sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 24, 2022 7:04 pm  #1

CFRB's Website

Has anyone experienced difficulty logging on to the iHeart Radio's website?

November 24, 2022 7:06 pm  #2

Re: CFRB's Website

They've all been down for Chrome users for 24+ hours now.

Last edited by RadioAaron (November 24, 2022 7:07 pm)

November 24, 2022 10:40 pm  #3

Is it back up? I do not like the Canadian iHeartRadio website. It lags and it's buggy. They should use the american version. I like it better.

Last edited by haydenmatthews14 (November 24, 2022 10:40 pm)

November 25, 2022 6:46 am  #4

as of 2022Nov25 5:45am, https://www.iheartradio.ca/newstalk-1010 is back up .. 

Last edited by g121 (November 25, 2022 6:46 am)

December 2, 2022 11:21 pm  #5

laffin wrote:

Has anyone experienced difficulty logging on to the iHeart Radio's website?

Something's up with Pure Country 93's website. No shows, No local contests and No local on air talent. Could this mean a format flip happening? 

97.5 Virgin Radio's site is working fine.

https://www.iheartradio.ca/purecountry/london

I contacted them them about this issue and hope to hear back from the station soon.

UPDATE: This does not happen on Windsor's Pure Country 89's website. What's happening with London's Pure Country?

Last edited by haydenmatthews14 (Yesterday 3:11 pm)

Yesterday 3:22 pm  #6

That would be really surprising if CJBX FM had any dramatic change.  They have been country since signing on in March 1980.  Last spring number three for market share and seven for central market numbers.  This station will pick up audience in rural areas outside of London. Market share is strong since country listeners tend to listen for long periods of time.

Sister station CIQM (Virgin) has slightly higher share and is number one for central market. 

Yesterday 6:11 pm  #7

paterson1 wrote:

That would be really surprising if CJBX FM had any dramatic change.  They have been country since signing on in March 1980.  Last spring number three for market share and seven for central market numbers.  This station will pick up audience in rural areas outside of London. Market share is strong since country listeners tend to listen for long periods of time.

Sister station CIQM (Virgin) has slightly higher share and is number one for central market. 

I know but how about Country 104? They have been competing against CJBX-FM since 2014. Their studios and transmitter are in Woodstock. I guess we can say that counts as a London station.

Yesterday 6:53 pm  #8

Country 104 in Woodstock competes with both London and to a lesser extent Kitchener (106.7) country outlets.  In London's central market they have less than a quarter of the share of Pure Country and a third of the listeners.  

So while it is a possibility that something is up with CJBX FM, it would be a mystery why.  Other iheart websites had issues this week, so we will need to see if the site is down or if there is something else going on. 

Yesterday 7:47 pm  #9

Saturday, 6:44 PM. I don't know anything about online streaming. I don't even know how to do it. But I just checked on CJBX OTA. It's just the on air staff engaged in some mondless chit chat.

You don't have to be a good sport to be a mad one.