sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 2, 2022 7:46 am  #1

Lisa LaFlamme to join Order of Canada

CityNews570 Kitchener reports...

The Ceremony will take place Thursday at Rideau HallLongtime journalist and Kitchener native Lisa LaFlamme will be invested as an officer of the Order of Canada later this week.Governor General Mary Simon will honour 44 Canadians, including LaFlamme, at a ceremony set for Rideau Hall in Ottawa on Thursday morning.A news release from the Governor General's office referred to LaFlamme as, "An inspirational role model in news broadcasting, she mentors numerous aspiring journalists in Canada and abroad." She is also being recognized as a passionate supporter and promoter of humanitarian issues.LaFlamme most recently covered the Queen's funeral for CityNews.Guelph's John Sleeman, the founder of Sleeman Breweries, will also be honoured on Thursday. Sleeman will be invested as a member of the Order of Canada.

Last edited by zed (November 2, 2022 7:47 am)

November 2, 2022 12:52 pm  #2

Re: Lisa LaFlamme to join Order of Canada

If CTV reports it at all, they'll take credit for her successful career.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

November 2, 2022 1:08 pm  #3

My guess is CTV will stay as far away from this story as possible. 

November 2, 2022 5:36 pm  #4

They won't dwell on it but CTV will likely mention Lisa receiving the Officer of the Order of Canada.  She received the original Order of Canada in 2019 and some members if they continue in service to the country can be advanced to  an officer.  CTV will likely mention her name in passing along with new members and others who are advancing in this recognition.
Details from the Toronto Star..https://www.thestar.com/tr/news/waterloo-region/2022/11/01/order-of-canada-honours-for-kitcheners-lisa-laflamme-guelphs-john-sleeman.html  

Last edited by paterson1 (November 2, 2022 5:47 pm)

November 3, 2022 11:27 pm  #5

CTV National News did run a clip of Lisa Laflamme receiving her Officer of the Order of Canada.  She was one of 44 Canadians honoured today. Omar Sachedina mentioned that she received the award for her work in journalism, volunteering, and as a humanitarian  Omar congratulated her and said that Lisa's award was well deserved.    

November 3, 2022 11:28 pm  #6

The CTV National News did report on Lisa receiving this honour tonight, albeit a very brief video item at approx. 11:25pm. 

November 4, 2022 12:38 am  #7

zed wrote:

The CTV National News did report on Lisa receiving this honour tonight, albeit a very brief video item at approx. 11:25pm. 

And I was wrong. They didn't try to take credit for her success.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

November 4, 2022 8:11 am  #8

https://twitter.com/globalnews/status/1588231105454698496?t=f2aG2rSVJLmFNXM9dEoXYA&s=19

if you missed seeing the ceremony, as I did, here's the clip from Global