sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 31, 2022 10:01 pm  #1

WUSF Tampa

WUSF is the radio station of the University of South Florida. For years their format remained unchanged.

NPR programs and news all day. Then, from 9:00 PM to 5:00 AM a program called All Night Jazz, a first rate jazz program. Last February All Night Jazz ceased to be all night. It went from 9:00 PM to midnight. They filled the midnight to 5:00 AM with programs from BBC.

Starting today, Oct 31, The jazz is gone. They are going to a 24 hour News and Talk format. The news and talk programs are excellent programs. But the absence of All Night Jazz is a real loss for the jazz community. There are no other jazz stations in the Tampa Bay area.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

October 31, 2022 11:09 pm  #2

Re: WUSF Tampa

As unlikely as it seems, this has been a very big story down in parts of Florida. Here's just one article of many about the end of this show. 

As WUSF looks to take All Night Jazz off the air, fans say it is a 'huge loss'

But all is not lost.

As ‘All Night Jazz’ ends, WMNF announces a new jazz radio show

November 1, 2022 12:15 am  #3

That's good news. Thanks for posting. WUSF and WMNF are two of the three radio stations I listen to most when I'm there. USF also operates WSMR in Sarasota which is all classical. Thankfully they aren't touching that. Their signal gets into our county well.

November 2, 2022 9:37 pm  #4

It appears someone may have had a change of heart. They are still showing All Night Jazz on their program schedule.

https://wusf.org/schedule/