sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 6, 2022 8:16 pm  #1

Sunday John Moore Tweets He's Back Monday Morning

It'll be a sweet sweet Monday for listeners as John Moore returns from his south of the border vacation and once again takes over the helm of the one of the few remaining original bright spots at Newstalk 1010, their morning show.

Here's hoping Robert Turner joins him.

On the first couple of shows back, John usually shares some of the things he's mulled over while on vacation: his life, aging and very occasionally, his possible future in broadcasting.

Last edited by betaylored (August 7, 2022 6:06 pm)

August 7, 2022 8:06 am  #2

Re: Sunday John Moore Tweets He's Back Monday Morning

I also thought John was returning on Monday however Jerry Agar said that John is still on vacay and Dave Agar will be filling in for him.  I guess we will find out tomorrow.

August 7, 2022 2:46 pm  #3

Listener wrote:

I also thought John was returning on Monday however Jerry Agar said that John is still on vacay and Dave Agar will be filling in for him.  I guess we will find out tomorrow.

Dave Agar's back in the pilots chair? Terrific! I've missed hearing him doing a show tho I'm enjoying him on the roundtables. I'll be tuning in, appreciate the news Listener.

August 7, 2022 6:04 pm  #4

https://twitter.com/MooreintheAM/status/1556392447495835651?t=GNYkngPkhm4SJwt2_8wDBw&s=19

From the horse's mouth, so to speak.
John's back tomorrow morning, unless he's somehow doing the CP24 hit and not his radio show.

To be honest I am disappointed about not being able to listen to Dave Trafford and his smart takes on current events, plus his general good humor.

Happy John's back though, can't wait to see what he's referring to in the tweet.

Last edited by betaylored (August 7, 2022 8:30 pm)

August 7, 2022 6:17 pm  #5

Now I can’t wait to hear John in the morning.  He is keeping us in suspense!  As an added note...I always liked listening to Dave Agar as well.  I miss the show he used to have on the weekends.

August 7, 2022 6:41 pm  #6

It will be welcome. Jagar in the morning equals ear canal poison.

Last edited by Chrisphen (August 7, 2022 6:42 pm)

August 7, 2022 6:46 pm  #7

Listener wrote:

As an added note...I always liked listening to Dave Agar as well. I miss the show he used to have on the weekends.

You are speaking of Dave Trafford I believe (who had the weekend show) - not longtime retired 1010 newscaster Dave Agar.

August 7, 2022 8:35 pm  #8

AspectRatio wrote:

Listener wrote:

As an added note...I always liked listening to Dave Agar as well. I miss the show he used to have on the weekends.

You are speaking of Dave Trafford I believe (who had the weekend show) - not longtime retired 1010 newscaster Dave Agar.

Thanks AR for the Dave save, miss Dave Trafford doing weekend mornings and filling in for John Moore and I still miss Dave Agar when I turn on my radio at 5am. and remember how great it was to listen to Dave and Robert Turner do the first half hour of Moore In The Morning and bring listeners up to speed about the top stories, the two had amazing chemistry the way they'd bounce comments off each other. Dave Agar is active on Twitter, I've read some of his tweets, and his words can still pack a powerful punch.

Last edited by betaylored (August 8, 2022 6:05 am)

August 8, 2022 6:00 am  #9

I'm back listening to Newstalk 1010 in the morning .. this new morning guy is real good : )) .. 

August 8, 2022 6:54 am  #10

Thanks AspectRadio..my mistake.  I did mean Dave Trafford.

August 8, 2022 6:57 am  #11

betaylored wrote:

On the first couple of shows back, John usually shares some of the things he's mulled over while on vacation: his life, aging and very occasionally, his possible future in broadcasting.

Interesting to note that on his very first moments on air at 5:05 AM, Moore referred to this comment, saying it was being speculated on "social media" what he would say on his return and whether he would get "philosophical."

Nice to know that while you're listening to him, he's also visiting SOWNY and listening to you!

August 8, 2022 8:06 am  #12

RadioActive wrote:

betaylored wrote:

Interesting to note that on his very first moments on air at 5:05 AM, Moore referred to this comment, saying it was being speculated on "social media" what he would say on his return and whether he would get "philosophical."

Nice to know that while you're listening to him, he's also visiting SOWNY and listening to you!

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9vbW55LmZtL3Nob3dzL3RoZS1icmVha2Zhc3Qtd3JhcC9wbGF5bGlzdHMvcG9kY2FzdC5yc3M/episode/YTZhNWMxMjgtMzQyOS00OGQ1LTk4MWEtYWVlYjAwYTNjNmU0?ep=14

Thanks RA, I know there's a whole bunch of people here on the big yellow board, myself included, that are happy John's back. Here's the Breakfast Wrap from Moore In The Morning for Monday August 8th. If folks haven't yet sampled the slice of John's show they offer ready to go it's well worth a listen. I'll be adding it to my regular podcast lineup.

Last edited by betaylored (August 8, 2022 8:09 am)