sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 5, 2022 12:53 am  #1

Shannon Bradbury Leaving CTV Kitchener

She did work at CTV Barrie with Tony Grace and she worked at the Weather Network and then she joined CTV Kitchener in 2019 who replaced Lyndsay Morrison. https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=2478621&binId=1.1147261&playlistPageNum=1  

My guess is that newer weather guy Will Aillo who came from CTV Northern Ontario will be her new replacement.

July 5, 2022 11:11 am  #2

Re: Shannon Bradbury Leaving CTV Kitchener

Sort of sounds like she may be moving to another line of work.  Shannon lives in Stratford and did many forecasts from her backyard during COVID. She was very well received after Lindsay departed to Toronto.

CTV Kitchener has four or five guys reporting now.  For a long time they seemed to have primarily a female news on air staff.   Will covers the weather from time to time, and they have him out in the field for feature reporting.  He seems to be a bit of a cut up on air and likes to have fun, so he would be suited well for the weather and the live outdoor events when they take the weather on the road.  He seems to do a reasonably competent job with the forecasts the few times I have seen him. 

July 5, 2022 11:24 am  #3

I hope they can send one of their weather folks to the mothership in Toronto. As noted here in previous threads, they're often short staffed and have the anchors doing the weather - which rarely goes well. Seems like most of the Toronto presenters since the big bloodletting of last year - which saw Tom Brown and Anwar Knight dumped after so many years - have come from Kitchener, so it sounds like a great training ground. 

July 8, 2022 6:38 pm  #4

Here are the clips when she was out on locations during the segment called "In Your Backyard".

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/shannon-bradbury-says-goodbye-to-ctv-kitchener-1.5979094

July 14, 2022 9:22 am  #5

And it looks like I was right Will Aiello is the new weather person 

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=2484109&binId=1.1147261&playlistPageNum=1

July 14, 2022 7:46 pm  #6

Does anyone know what or where Shannon Bradbury moved to?  Sounded like it was not in broadcasting.  I think Will is the first male Mon-Friday weather person since Dave MacDonald.  Dave was with CKCO/CTV for over 40 years.  He left in 2011 and took a run at politics.  He was also station manager for a time of Faith FM, K/W's local religious station.

Will should work out well in the weather position.  He does a good job out in the community when he is on remote.    

July 14, 2022 8:24 pm  #7

paterson1 wrote:

Does anyone know what or where Shannon Bradbury moved to?  Sounded like it was not in broadcasting.  I think Will is the first male Mon-Friday weather person since Dave MacDonald.  Dave was with CKCO/CTV for over 40 years.  He left in 2011 and took a run at politics.  He was also station manager for a time of Faith FM, K/W's local religious station.

Will should work out well in the weather position.  He does a good job out in the community when he is on remote.    

Shannon is still living in Stratford. But we don't know where she is moving on to. I am not too familiar with Dave MacDonald because I did not watch CKCO news very much when I was living in London I was so used to watching the CFPL News a lot.
Here is a story I found. He is from London ON:
https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/dave-macdonald-leaving-ctv-after-42-years-1.661785

July 16, 2022 10:17 pm  #8

Ross Hull, now at Global, replaced Dave MacDonald at CKCO/CTV Kitchener. Ross Hull was replaced by Lindsay Morrison, now at CTV Toronto on mat leave. Then came Shannon. On Shannon's final day she did not say what she would be doing, but that it was not in TV or broadcasting..