sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 8, 2022 12:02 pm  #1

The Irony Behind The CRTC's New Appeal To The Public

On Wednesday, the CRTC published a press release asking Canadians for suggestions about how to ensure access to the Internet and cell phone service in the country's far north - places like the Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.

In the same appeal, it adds this:

"In the second phase of the consultation, which launched today, the CRTC is seeking information on what actions it should take to make home phone and Internet services in the Far North:

• more affordable;
  • more reliable;
  • more competitive, and
  • to better support reconciliation with Indigenous Peoples."

I can't speak to #2 or #4, but as for the others? When they get through with the Far North, they can bring whatever solutions they come up with down here!

Ironic considering it's the CRTC's own policies that make our services here both unaffordable and endlessly non-competitive. 

CRTC invites Canadians to help find solutions to improve telecommunications services in the Far North

June 8, 2022 12:19 pm  #2

Re: The Irony Behind The CRTC's New Appeal To The Public

What a bloody joke. I saw this on the CRTC's "Today's Releases" page this morning, and laughed my arse off. We all know what the outcome will be... Bell, Rogers or Telus will get the Commission's blessing. No need to ask the general public for their input, because it won't matter and won't make any difference.

Last edited by Forward Power (June 8, 2022 12:20 pm)