sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 6, 2016 11:17 am  #1

Canada AM Replacement Will Feature Mulroney & Mediwake

It will be called "Your Morning" and will originate out of the CTV building (City TV's old H.Q.) at 299 Queen St. W. Hosts are Ben Mulroney and ex-CBC'er Anne-Marie Mediwake. In a preview on sister station CFRB Monday, Mulroney indicates one of the demos they're going after are millenials, who get most of their news from their phones and the web. How you convince them to tune into this is another question. 

When Jerry Agar asked if it didn't sound a little fluffy, with all the others involved (including members from The Social, CP24 and E Talk) Mulroney agreed they'd drop that stuff if something major happens.  

It debuts at the end of the summer OTA in Ontario, Quebec and the East, with coverage given over CTV News Channel everywhere else. But there's still a lot of work to do putting this together. Mulroney admitted on the radio they haven't even hired any producers yet. 

One last weird thing - the story on the CTV News site, as of this posting, is from the Canadian Press. You might think CTV would actually be able to write this yarn themselves, since they have all the information. 

CTV announces new morning show: 'Your Morning'

[Edit:] Broadcaster has the full press release from CTV, which CP obviously used to write their story. But it's the comment at the bottom I love from someone named "Nerill DP," who appears to sum this up well in one brief sentence:

"Ok, so what’s really different?"

Last edited by RadioActive (June 6, 2016 11:28 am)

June 6, 2016 12:50 pm  #2

Re: Canada AM Replacement Will Feature Mulroney & Mediwake

They're targeting millenials?  I thought that Global's Morning Show tried that when they first debuted and slowly seem to now have morphed into aiming at the usual adult worker that everyone else does...

Millenials don't care about morning shows, unless it's airing on YouTube maybe.

June 6, 2016 3:44 pm  #3

Just what we need... more Ben Mulroney. No thanks.

June 6, 2016 4:50 pm  #4

Time for Ben to move forward with a demo who began with him on 'e-talk' and who now are older and living a life with different concerns and responsibilities.

To me it makes sense.  Canada AM went through tons of hosting changes over the many, MANY years of its shelf-life.  This time they're doing it with both new faces and a new name for the 'morning show.'    As often as I blast Bell for being stupid, heartless [totally heartless] and almost entirely devoid of people who know how to program a gawd-dam thing...this is a smart move.

[Even a blind dog finds his 'pills' every now and then.]

June 6, 2016 6:55 pm  #5

To "Millenials", yep; they are.