sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 5, 2016 3:02 pm  #1

Numeris Infographic campaign on who listens to radio

Numeris - the Canadian company that conducts ratings for radio and television - has an interesting Infographic campaign about who listens to radio.

My latest On The Kowch Blog looks at the Numeris Infographic Campaign and gives an example why sometimes it's better to ask why aren't people listening to the radio to fix a problem of poor ratings.  

I tell the story about how by asking the why aren't people listening question, I moved the ratings up from a 22 share to a 29 share in Montreal while PD. Interested if others had success with improving ratings by figuring out what the problem was with their programming?

June 5, 2016 11:11 pm  #2

Re: Numeris Infographic campaign on who listens to radio

You really think, given that so little has changed...at least with 'music radio'...over these past 20 years [minimum], that these 'folks' even know there's a problem/that they're NOT giving the people what they want?

The steadfast way 'things' remain so status quo suggests that the inmates now own, manage, operate and, while doing so, are happily and unwittingly obliterating the entire industry along with its various and sundry offshoots.  As long as those bonus cheques keep rolling in?  Who cares? 

I do.

That people are still willing to turn their radios ON suggests that at least the appliance itself still has a chance...in spite of the dinks ruling the roost with their various and sundry licenses to print money for the select few.  Something else is coming along to replace it though.  In fact it already has with most people under 25.  [and that's who these twits are programming to.  The people who DON'T and WON'T listen.  Gawd it pisses me off.]