sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 8, 2022 9:53 am  #1

Roger Ashby on CKDO ?

Had not listened to the show in sometime but it is one of few shows I can listen to on commercial radio. Set my radio to CKDO HD and my reel to reel ready to record. This morning however what I heard was the usual classic hits format. Heard one DJ break and a change of schedule was not mentioned. The show is still listed on the web site at the usual Sunday times.

Anyone catch the show on any other station this weekend ?

Edit: Well I found my answer on the web site. The old time is still listed on the main page but when I clicked for a further sched. seems the show only runs on the 6 to 9 PM slot now on Sunday.

Last edited by Fitz (May 8, 2022 10:04 am)

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/

May 8, 2022 10:30 am  #2

Re: Roger Ashby on CKDO ?

Same thing happened to me a few months back.  I usually listen to the Ashby's show Saturday morning on CKWW Windsor.  Went to CKDO back in February on a Sunday morning, the cover page on the website promoted the show as Sunday morning 9-12noon.  I thought they had dropped the program since I was hearing the regular format after 10am. 

Getting into the pages of the CKDO website, the time then showed 6-9pm on Sunday evening.  Same for 92.9 The Grand. They made this change maybe three or four months ago. 

This brings up a problem with radio websites that aren't updated.  Sure they update the news and weather and contests but it is odd that the program schedule is incorrect., Graphics on the main page on CKDO have the wrong time for a weekly program. The Grand is more on the ball and have the correct information on their home page.  

May 8, 2022 12:18 pm  #3

You can also hear it on demand anytime:

https://www.iheart.com/live/the-roger-ashby-oldies-show-8506/

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

May 8, 2022 1:21 pm  #4

True but aren't those previous shows that could be from anytime over the past year or so? If you missed just this week's and want to hear that one, there's no way of knowing when it will come up in the rotation.