sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 3, 2016 4:50 pm  #1

Mike Stafford In The Afternoon

Nothing against Kelly Cutrara, who seems to have permanently inherited AM 640's afternoon drive show since the departure of Bill Carroll, but I really like hearing Mike Stafford during the rush home. I'm not sure how he'd feel about moving into the time slot if he was asked (or whether he'd even have a choice if the powers-that-be decided to make that change) but I'd personally really enjoy it if he was the afternoon host. And I think he could make quite a dent in Ryan Doyle's numbers over on 1010,

While Stafford is solidly and seemingly happily ensconced in the 10 AM time slot, it's not completely out of the question. I notice on the AM640 website, all the hosts are listed - except for the one that simply says "Afternoon Drive" with no name attached. If they haven't officially given it to Cutrara full time, you've got to wonder if they're still looking.

Last edited by RadioActive (June 3, 2016 4:51 pm)

June 4, 2016 11:16 am  #2

Re: Mike Stafford In The Afternoon

Stafford is my vote for the afternoon drive. Kelly was refreshing at first, but her political slant is now SO obvious, it's unlistenable.
Give Mike more money and keep him on pm drive!
Although Ryan isn't the greatest, if they incorporated Patrick, and Tina into it, it could be a lively, entertaining show.
Even with Bonnar doing Mikes shift, it's still better than Cutrara.

I am Here, just not all there.

June 4, 2016 4:57 pm  #3

Re: Mike Stafford In The Afternoon

I'd like to see Stafford as a permanent morning fixture and that guy that does mornings now gone. Washed up. Finished. Toast. It's a great day for getting rid of that guy.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.