sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 29, 2022 4:57 pm  #1

Alex Pierson Returns To AM 640 May 9th

She's been off the air since the beginning of April claiming burn out. But on Monday, May 9th, the host of AM 640's On Point will be returning ready and hopefully refreshed. When she left, the show started at 6:30 PM and was interrupted two days a week for an hour long employment law paid program at 7, which left the show to resume at 7:50, an interruption that made no sense. 

Since then, the law show is on every night at 6:30, while Pierson's platform now begins at 7 and runs until 10, creating more consistency. She has not been there since the change was made. 

I know some here feel she's way too far right, but what I like about the show is the pace. It moves along at a very fast clip, has pretty knowledgeable guests and doesn't venture into fluff very often, which is a refreshing change and one of the reasons I listen.

Unfortunately, some of those who have taken her place last past month haven't followed her model. Last Friday, a substitute host wasted an awful lot of air time doing a segment, if you can believe it, about Stephen King's salmon recipe. And no, I'm not making that up. 

Mike Stafford used to jokingly complain after a vacation that his substitutes "broke his show." Too often this past April, that's been all too true for Alex.  

April 29, 2022 5:39 pm  #2

Re: Alex Pierson Returns To AM 640 May 9th

Pierson is politically conservative not far right.

April 29, 2022 9:10 pm  #3

No she's far right, son.

April 29, 2022 9:20 pm  #4

Chrisphen wrote:

No she's far right, son.

In the same fashion President Obama was far right I imagine.

https://twitter.com/ConradMBlack/status/1520071540120895490?s=20&t=FWvWbIbL_wNdbAD2tgEF2w

April 30, 2022 2:12 pm  #5

=12pxBut on Monday, May 9th, the host of AM 640's On Point will be returning ready and hopefully refreshed. When she left, the show started at 6:30 PM and was interrupted two days a week for an hour long employment law paid program at 7, which left the show to resume at 7:50, an interruption that made no sense. 

What is your source?

April 30, 2022 9:50 pm  #6

Stinand wrote:

What is your source?

Angela Kokott, who has been filling in some weeks for Alex, announced several times on air that she would be doing the first week of shows in May and then Alex would be back in her normal slot. I'm trusting that the person who's in that chair for the duration will know when the original host returns. Anyway, that's the source.

May 1, 2022 10:20 am  #7

RadioActive wrote:

Stinand wrote:

What is your source?

Angela Kokott, who has been filling in some weeks for Alex, announced several times on air that she would be doing the first week of shows in May and then Alex would be back in her normal slot. I'm trusting that the person who's in that chair for the duration will know when the original host returns. Anyway, that's the source.

\

Thank you.