sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 21, 2022 1:57 pm  #1

Sauga 960's Marc Patrone's Epic Radio Rant From New Florida Home Base

Sauga 960's Marc Patrone definitely does not like Justin Trudeau. In fact, he hates him so much, he left the country to get away from him. On his show Thursday, Patrone went into a remarkable rant about why he moved to Florida as soon as the Liberal leader was re-elected Prime Minister in the last vote, calling him every name in the book, including one of the 'worst human beings to ever seek public office' and 'a scumbag,' and openly wondering if the last federal vote was on the up-and-up. (Hmmm, where have we heard that before?)  

But seriously, where do you really stand? 

He's not the first radio person to do his show remotely every day, although most are still somewhere in the country. But whether you agree with him or not, the vitriolic bile that poured out of him over 10 minutes or so was not something you often hear on a Canadian radio station. And to think this guy was once a CRTC Commissioner! He claims he had to leave the country in order to get away from a government that was about to pass laws attempting to silence people who feel the way he does. 

All politics aside, as a moment of radio, it was something astounding to hear. 

April 21, 2022 2:06 pm  #2

Re: Sauga 960's Marc Patrone's Epic Radio Rant From New Florida Home Base

Good, Florida can have him.  I am sure Marc will have no issues with the Florida Governor.  This guy is doing the same thing as what he hates about Trudeau...except he is pandering and sewing division to a different audience..

April 21, 2022 2:14 pm  #3

I'm not saying whether I agree or disagree with what he said, only that it's the kind of extreme political spew you almost never hear on the air in Canada. I'm not even sure a Fox News-type channel would have gone as far as he did. It was quite unusual for Canadian radio, to say the least.

I wonder if there will be any CBSC complaints, although I doubt it - very few people actually listen to him so few probably heard it. I only caught it by accident because the station I had been listening to went into an extended spot break and I was tuning around when it caught my ear.

April 21, 2022 2:25 pm  #4

All one needs to do is read his Twitter timeline to see how nuts he is...

https://twitter.com/MarcPatrone

April 21, 2022 3:29 pm  #5

Patrone has always been batshit...Florida and Sauga 960 are great MAGA homes for him and the screaming at clouds, I get my news from Fox, NewsMax, InfoWars, Rebel News and Facebook crowd

April 22, 2022 4:26 pm  #6

So tiresome and mostly fact free.

April 22, 2022 5:33 pm  #7

He was of course the beneficiary of political patronage, when he was appointed a CRTC Commissioner.   Underscores many people's views of the CRTC eh?

April 23, 2022 10:35 am  #8

Appointed by the Harper Government in 2008.