sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 18, 2022 8:50 pm  #1

CHIN-AM rebrands

Not sure if this is old radio news or fairly new but when I was checking out “local radio” on my TuneIn app i noticed 1540 CHIN-AM is now known as “A1 Chinese Radio”.    If it’s current news then you’re welcome.   If it’s old news, then my apologies for wasting this space telling you what you already know.

April 18, 2022 10:20 pm  #2

Re: CHIN-AM rebrands

This information is so new that their website still lists AM 1540 as multicultural radio, and there's still some Portuguese programming listed: https://www.chinradio.com/1540-am-schedule

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

April 18, 2022 10:58 pm  #3

TuneIn has notoriously stale program data that is difficult for any helpful user to change (unlike a Wiki idea, station management must officially do it or acknowledge the user submission - often seems to go to a dead/invalid/no longer checked E-mailbox from someone who left or one that gets many general inquiries and is overloaded). 1010 had "The Motts" data showing for years in Dave Trafford's weekend morning slot including what Amazon devices would show as playing or respond to a search for.

For CHIN, I think this might be their long-standing older "alternate" branding? There's a 2012 article that reads "and A1 Chinese radio, the Chinese division of CHIN Radio (AM 1540)" and a website last updated in 2018 that seems to have a parallel identity. Not sure it's new? 

April 19, 2022 12:05 am  #4

I'm currently enjoying the Old Time Radio shows on 1540am overnight