sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 15, 2022 11:29 am  #1

Upcoming Jays Game To Stream For Free On YouTube

They did it last year and they're back at it again in 2022 - YouTube will "air" a series of selected Major League Baseball games over the next two months and beyond. And one of them involves the Toronto Blue Jays.

On June 8th, the Jays-Royals afternoon tilt will unwind gratis on YouTube, with more of the schedule being rolled out in the next few weeks. The games are labelled as "exclusive" to the service, which I take it means they will not be available on Sportsnet and can only be viewed over YouTube. 

YouTube to Stream 15 MLB Games Exclusively 

April 15, 2022 2:14 pm  #2

Re: Upcoming Jays Game To Stream For Free On YouTube

RadioActive wrote:

They did it last year and they're back at it again in 2022 - YouTube will "air" a series of selected Major League Baseball games over the next two months and beyond. And one of them involves the Toronto Blue Jays.

On June 8th, the Jays-Royals afternoon tilt will unwind gratis on YouTube, with more of the schedule being rolled out in the next few weeks. The games are labelled as "exclusive" to the service, which I take it means they will not be available on Sportsnet and can only be viewed over YouTube. 

YouTube to Stream 15 MLB Games Exclusively 

Right now the Blue Jays Schedule shows SNET & YouTube;  however in previous years YouTube has had exclusive rights for all the games they were carrying.  Given the information in the article,  I am sure that the Schedule notation will be corrected.

Last edited by Media Observer (April 15, 2022 2:17 pm)

June 8, 2022 10:25 am  #3

Today's game is both on YouTube and on Sportsnet. A change from previous years, when YouTube had the exclusive rights to the game.

The Jays are also scheduled to be on YouTube on June 30, at home against Tampa Bay. I believe that game will also air on both YouTube and Sportsnet.

June 8, 2022 11:39 am  #4

Unless, of course, the recent court ruling kicks in for MLB, too! OK, not really, but who knows where this ends?