sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 1, 2022 4:46 pm  #1

Jen Psaki

After a bout with Covid -19 White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki returned to face the press today after being off the job for nearly two weeks. 

With much going on in the world the White House news corps spent a lot of their time asking her about her rumored imminent departure. Numerous sources have her landing a high paying gig with MSNBC

While she didn't confirm - she also didn't deny. Thinking she's at the end of her rope covering for her boss

April 1, 2022 5:05 pm  #2

Re: Jen Psaki

unclefester wrote:

Thinking she's at the end of her rope covering for her boss 

Nope. She's doing a great job, as is her boss. Here's the truth, as those of us who've been paying attention already know...
----------------------------------------------------------------
Jen Psaki may have more than a few months left before she calls it a day and exits the Biden administration as White House spokesperson, but that hasn't stopped the Twitterverse from speculating over, and being saddened by, the thought of her (eventual) departure. But as she has continually done since she took the post, Psaki didn't leave room for rumor and speculation to take root; instead she took the bull by the horns and told CNN's Don Lemon the reason why she had always known that her time in the White House would be limited. 

"This was something I told colleagues and friends, and in my discussions with the amazing people in the Biden orbit, was part of the discussion early on. I'm so honored to serve this president, and at this moment in history to be a small part of rebuilding trust in government," the White House spokesperson said (via Yahoo). "But I also have two little kids who are preschoolers, and I know a lot of moms who watch your show ['CNN Tonight'] who understand that. I don't want to miss a lot of moments."

Jen Psaki's reason should come as no surprise, because the writing has (literally) been on the wall if we only took the time to look. On Twitter, Psaki describes herself as "WH Press Sec. Working mom of 2 small humans. Spends most days communicating about @POTUS' agenda & rebuilding trust with the American people."

Even if she didn't have a more pressing job lined up — that of a mom — Psaki made it clear that she had always known that the role of White House press secretary had a relatively short shelf life.

"I've also had the honor of serving not just this president, but a president in the past. I think at a certain point it's time to have other people serve in these jobs and roles, and have this front seat to history. And I'm hopeful that part of what I can do in this job is help build that up and help give people opportunity, and lift up some new voices and faces," she said (via Yahoo Entertainment).  

Even if we know Psaki has a great reason for stepping aside, it doesn't stop those of us who are her fans from wishing that things don't have to be this way. As one Twitter user put it: "The crush is real. I'm not ready."

SOURCE: https://www.thelist.com/404334/jen-psaki-reveals-why-shell-really-be-leaving-the-white-house/?utm_campaign=clip

April 1, 2022 5:14 pm  #3

Those personal reasons she emphasized , may soon result in the speculated move.

https://clearthis.page/?u=https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/report-white-house-press-secretary-jen-psaki-to-leave-administration-for-msnbc-job/504511/

Last edited by Media Observer (April 1, 2022 5:16 pm)

April 1, 2022 9:26 pm  #4

Dial Twister wrote:

unclefester wrote:

Thinking she's at the end of her rope covering for her boss 

Nope. She's doing a great job, as is her boss. Here's the truth, as those of us who've been paying attention already know...
----------------------------------------------------------------

​I agree she is doing a great job particularly excelling at constantly having to walk back her bosses comments. That's happening more and more often. Not to mention before the long arm of the law latches on to Hunter Biden it's a good time to head for the exit.

Smart lady to let a new press secretary wallow in Hunter (& Joe's) mess. And did I mention that seven figure salary from MSNBC ??

So long suckers...!!!

Last edited by unclefester (April 1, 2022 9:28 pm)

April 2, 2022 7:04 am  #5

unclefester wrote:

.. While she didn't confirm - she also didn't deny. Thinking she's at the end of her rope covering for her boss. 

You couldn't just stay with discussing Ms. Psaki allegedly moving on to a media role without your political jab.

So fair game to respond .. 

If Ms. Psaki is fed up with anything, it's dealing with FOX's simpleton, asshat press corps Peter Doocy .. 

Ms. Psaki has done an excellent job & it's light years ahead of Spicer, Huckabee & McNerney in class, intelligence & integrity.  

As for Psaki's boss vs the predecessor .. don't embarrass yourself. 

April 2, 2022 6:09 pm  #6

Sad the reach that Fox News has into this country. Somehow, we'll survive even that.

April 3, 2022 11:24 am  #7

Psaki's all-but-confirmed departure comes just months after the senior spokesperson for Vice President Kamala Harris quit her job.

Symone Sanders had enough and bolted

It's almost like these two ladies can see into the future

April 3, 2022 3:09 pm  #8

This is becoming an ongoing trend and according to an article in Variety, one that may not always benefit the news networks that sign these people.

“I think hiring these officials is somewhat journalistically lazy and that it’s generally better to avoid putting partisans on the payroll and instead hire objective journalists,” says [Mark Feldstein, chair of the broadcast journalism department at the University of Maryland.] “But cable TV news has 24 hours to fill seven days a week, so the temptation to hire a talking head who will be ready when needed is hard to resist.”

Why White House Officials Are Descending on TV News

April 3, 2022 6:32 pm  #9

unclefester wrote:

Psaki's all-but-confirmed departure comes just months after the senior spokesperson for Vice President Kamala Harris quit her job.

Symone Sanders had enough and bolted

It's almost like these two ladies can see into the future

I saw her on a talk show last May and she said she had told Biden she only wanted the job for about another year.  It's been a year. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/552322-psaki-signals-shell-step-down-next-year/
https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/06/media/jen-psaki-insights-reliable-sources/index.html

She left CNN to take the job and is likely going back to TV.  There's no scandal here. 
It's springtime...  Go outside and get some fresh air.

Last edited by Tomas Barlow (April 3, 2022 6:34 pm)

March 20, 2023 1:53 pm  #11

Jen Psaki's new show on MSNBC debuted over the weekend

It's called Inside with Jenn Psaki 

Anyone have a chance to see it? 

Wonder how long before Karine Jean-Pierre makes a guest appearance?

I  can see it now...both of them end up sobbing uncontrollably 

Can't wait 

March 20, 2023 3:57 pm  #12

unclefester wrote:

Jen Psaki's new show on MSNBC debuted over the weekend

It's called Inside with Jenn Psaki 

Anyone have a chance to see it? 

Wonder how long before Karine Jean-Pierre makes a guest appearance?

I  can see it now...both of them end up sobbing uncontrollably 

Can't wait 

How quickly you've forgotten Jen Psaki taking Peter Doocy (Fox White House correspondent) to the woodshed for his daily verbal thrashing.  Guaranteed, Jen was not the one left sobbing.

March 21, 2023 12:41 am  #13

I have never seen Jenn Psaki look even remotely flustered or weak.  Take off your Trump colored glasses.
I think her show will be well-researched but dull because no republican politician will come on and risk being schooled.  She needs a good foil like Peter Doocy but won't have one.  

March 21, 2023 9:15 am  #14

Republicans will avoid coming on Psaki's show like the plague because they'll be called out on their all-woke-all-the-time bullshit in a millisecond...opposite reason why Democrats are rarely invited on Fox and Newsmax programs like Kayleigh McEnany's (former press secretary for Mr. Orange)...because the Fox Max people get caught in their lies and disinfo and have to shout them out or cut them off... 

Last edited by Johnny B (March 21, 2023 9:15 am)

March 21, 2023 1:27 pm  #15

None are so blind as those who will not see.

October 30, 2023 8:28 pm  #16

Jen Psaki has a two book deal with the first book out next May 7th.

It will be about her time in the White House etc. working with both Obama and Joseph Robinette Biden & others.

Sad to report there will be no dishing of dirt - no tell all tales.

Guess she doesn't want to help re-elect Trump.

Swing and a miss

She'll follow that up with a children's book

October 31, 2023 7:48 am  #17

"She'll follow that up with a children's book"

She knows she has to keep it simple with lots of photos and short words so those who worship the "Great Pumpkin" (with apologies to Charles Schultz) can comprehend the contents.