sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 24, 2022 12:45 pm  #1

Former Star Critic Peter Goddard Dies At 78

It used to be the Toronto Star had a pretty solid Entertainment section back in the day when newspapers were still a huge profit-maker. And one of the names that graced those pages almost every edition was Peter Goddard, an entertainment critic for the paper who became almost as famous locally as some of the people he covered and critiqued. 

Toronto Mike reports that Goddard has passed away at the age of 78. As yet, no cause of death has been given. 

March 24, 2022 8:35 pm  #2

Re: Former Star Critic Peter Goddard Dies At 78

Sad to see him go.  Interesting guy.  I seem to recall that he had some sort of media or music course at York University...now I'm going to date myself...sometime between 1970 and 1973 - that's a half century ago ...  One of the more memorable courses that I took as an undergrad. 

March 24, 2022 9:14 pm  #3

https://twitter.com/hockeyesque/status/1507113550485110794?t=Dvpyj1S3bdb3K2fYExGYvQ&s=19

can't think of a better way to honour the man than this tweet from musician/author Dave Bidini, especially the last sentence. 🕯️🎶

March 24, 2022 10:28 pm  #4

The Toronto Star, his longtime home, has published a story on his legacy and his passing. 

Peter Goddard, ‘the dean of Toronto writers,’ is remembered for his brilliant music criticism