sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 19, 2022 2:09 pm  #1

No Sportsnet Feed for Blue Jays Spring Training?

I tuned into sportsnet today to watch the Blue Jays play a spring training game against Philadelphia. To my surprise it was the local Philadelphia broadcast feed. So does that mean Sportsnet will not be creating their own broadcasts for Spring training?

March 19, 2022 3:23 pm  #2

Re: No Sportsnet Feed for Blue Jays Spring Training?

They are producing their own broadcasts for home games. Tomorrow's game will be a Sportsnet produced telecast.

March 19, 2022 3:55 pm  #3

I don't believe this is a new practice for them. 

March 19, 2022 11:49 pm  #4

It isn't new.  And if the opposing market doesn't produce a broadcast, Sportsnet will sometimes show a different game during spring training.  i remember a few years ago tuning for a Jays spring training game and seeing two entirely different teams playing instead.  It wasn't that long ago when Sportsnet didn't even show all 162 games in the regular season.

March 20, 2022 1:06 pm  #5

one nation, one team     

March 20, 2022 1:27 pm  #6

MLBtv.com is offering free spring training games from now until March 24th. All you have to do is create an account - it does NOT require a credit card, simply a registration.

The Jays vs. Pirates game is on as I post this, using the feed from Sportsnet. Interestingly, they also offer you the option of which audio feed you can hear - the TV side with Buck Martinez or The Fan 590 featuring Ben Wagner. For some reason, Wagner's feed is slightly ahead of the TV audio, which makes it harder to use. If you're using a VPN turned to the U.S., you also get the option of the KDKA radio broadcast

MLBtv.com

More details here. 

March 20, 2022 6:42 pm  #7

Buck, Hazel Mae, and the Sportsnet gang were all back today.

I think Buck has lost some weight since last year.

March 20, 2022 10:48 pm  #8

MJ Vancouver wrote:

Buck, Hazel Mae, and the Sportsnet gang were all back today.

I think Buck has lost some weight since last year.

Maybe he caught Covid.