sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 17, 2022 10:42 am  #1

Blue Jays Analysts

Jamie Campbell - Blue Jays game analyst - has tweeted that he's being treated for a chronic leukemia - but is confident he'll be in the broadcast booth for the opening game in April.

On other news, Buck Martinez was on Sportsnet radio today - from Florida and he's still billed as a Blue Jays analyst.
There was a controversy last year - whether he was vaccinated and did not attend games at Rogers Centre.

Given that he's being billed as being on the broadcast team this year, will he be in the booth at Rogers Centre?  I was hoping that Dan Shulman would replace him - permanently.

March 17, 2022 11:32 am  #2

Re: Blue Jays Analysts

tvguy wrote:

Jamie Campbell - Blue Jays game analyst - has tweeted that he's being treated for a chronic leukemia - but is confident he'll be in the broadcast booth for the opening game in April.

On other news, Buck Martinez was on Sportsnet radio today - from Florida and he's still billed as a Blue Jays analyst.
There was a controversy last year - whether he was vaccinated and did not attend games at Rogers Centre.

Given that he's being billed as being on the broadcast team this year, will he be in the booth at Rogers Centre?  I was hoping that Dan Shulman would replace him - permanently.

First off, all the best to Jamie Campbell.

As for Buck Martinez, according to Rob Longley of the Toronto Sun, he will indeed be calling games in person in Toronto

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1503127165038125062.html

March 17, 2022 2:55 pm  #3

eladb wrote:

tvguy wrote:

First off, all the best to Jamie Campbell.

As for Buck Martinez, according to Rob Longley of the Toronto Sun, he will indeed be calling games in person in Toronto

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1503127165038125062.html

Best wishes to Jamie.

Steve Simmons also reported the same about Buck,  in last Sunday's column.

Last edited by Media Observer (March 17, 2022 2:56 pm)

March 18, 2022 8:32 am  #4

FWIW, I reported a few months ago on Hebsy on Sports that buck was fully vaxxed and would be at the dome for games this season.

March 18, 2022 10:04 am  #5

From Longley:

>> Buck politely declined to talk about his vaccine status <<

Not good enough. Former pro athlete, still playing games.