sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 11, 2016 11:04 am  #1

Ghomeshi Off The Hook – But What About The CBC?

We may have seen the last of Jian Ghomeshi after Wednesday's court appearance, but we likely haven’t heard the end of what happened at the CBC while he was there.

In an astounding public statement that came after the ex-Q host agreed to a peace bond, his former producer Kathryn Borel claims that when she went to the CBC brass about his actions – which she says included grinding himself against her as she stood at her desk – they essentially told her “it was my job to let him [do this].”

"...when I went to the CBC for help, what I received in return was a directive that yes, he could do this, and yes, it was my job to let him. The relentless message to me, from my celebrity boss and from the national institution we worked for were that his whims were more important than my humanity or my dignity. So I came to accept this."

Wow. If what she alleges is true, brass at the Corp. need a colonoscopy, stat. It needs to be completely cleaned out from top to bottom if this is the kind of cancerous atmosphere that ever existed there. I know they let go some of them after the allegations surfaced, but as a taxpayer funded entity, this can’t be allowed to continue in even a minor way.

Again, wow. Borel made the centre of liberal thinking in Canada sound like a toxic cesspool. Let’s hope there’s an independent investigation that weeds out any scumbags that may still be lurking there.

Last edited by RadioActive (May 11, 2016 11:09 am)

May 11, 2016 11:15 am  #2

Re: Ghomeshi Off The Hook – But What About The CBC?

you were not around in the seventies?

May 11, 2016 12:44 pm  #3

Re: Ghomeshi Off The Hook – But What About The CBC?

Which direction are Peter and the editorial team taking as they meet right now? Hmmm.

Tonight, like no other - The National - required viewing.