sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 4, 2016 9:18 am  #1

Gord Martineau

You can't keep a good man down...

Gord is joining Newstalk 1010's Moore in the Morning as a regular guest on the  Monday Morning round table...

I also hear there is more to  come involving G.M. and Newstalk 1010 but that's the news for now...

May 4, 2016 9:41 am  #2

Re: Gord Martineau

What's most interesting about this to me is that Gord's first post-City TV on air work would end up being with a Bell Media station. I was told by the late Mark Dailey that Gord was never especially happy about the way Rogers was running the TV station or the newsroom. Add that to the fact of the way he left - without a word to anyone, even the staff, cheating City out of a potential ratings bonanza by highlighting his countdown to leaving, and I can only wonder if there's some extra satisfaction in this for him. 

Rogers owns plenty of radio stations in Toronto. I know Gord is a huge sports fan. He could easily have volunteered to do a stint on the Fan or contributed in some way to 680. But he chose not just the competition, but Rogers' arch-rival for his first media re-appearance.

As some here know, Gord is the semi-official spokesman for The Herbie Fund, a Sick Children's Hospital charity, that has taken him around the world to help youngsters with severe medical needs. He was supposed to be doing a series of recurring specials for City that highlighted that work.

I wonder if they'll be airing now. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Or not see, as the case may be.

Either way, it will be nice to hear his voice on the air again.  

Last edited by RadioActive (May 4, 2016 9:43 am)