sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 14, 2022 6:47 am  #151

Re: Something's up at Flow

Scorpio42 wrote:

There's actually a country music radio station at 95.9 FM in Toronto but is a repeater of CJKX-FM 95.9 "KX96" out of Ajax, Ontario with another at 89.9 FM in Sunderland. Not sure if another country music station or even classic country would work in Toronto.

Nothing Toronto about it. Their newscast this morning: Top story-Kid found dead in the Kawarathas. Then they went to news about The PM and his second visit with Covid.  
NOTHING TORONTO AT ALL ABOUT THIS STATION!!!!!
Traffic stretches out to yap about some complications on the roads out near SCUGOG! 

Long story short, nobody is going to go all the way out to Oshawa (from Toronto) to do their shopping.
Plenty of room for a Country music station, but I recommend a Variety Country format. 
Some classic Kenny Rogers mixed with some of today's new stuff. That would be great. 
It also suggests a slight difference from the current KX's. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

June 14, 2022 6:52 am  #152

markow202 wrote:

Something Edge 102 should do.  

At this time, I doubt Edge 102 is going to go Country. I think they're happy with their current numbers.

But back to Today FM, I was just wondering if Nikki is doing other work for the station or if she is on a long vacation or something. Again this week, another week of Paul in the morning and no sign of Nikki. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

June 14, 2022 10:29 am  #153

Listening to this Today station this morning as of 930am.   Interesting station but doesnt seem to be anything too different than another pop station.  Playlist is good as they suddenly surprise you with some older track otherwise its top 40.  Commercial set I swear felt like it was 15 mins long.  Isnt this their income?  Nothing to worry about then.

June 17, 2022 9:34 pm  #154

For those that mentioned the morning show only was Paul Harper now the website confirms that he is flying solo on the station. Wonder what happened to Nikki. I liked her sound. She fit the station a little better I think then Paul