sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 20, 2022 6:21 pm  #1

quad cities board question

I am wondering who owns the Quadcities board? I have noticed there is very little activity on the board so I wanted to get in touch with the owner of it
Does anyone know?

January 20, 2022 6:42 pm  #2

Re: quad cities board question

There has not been a single post to that board since last September and not many before that. I'm not sure if it's even considered active. I have heard a rumour - and it's only that - that the board admin. may be seriously ill. If so, it may be impossible to reach him. 

The one thing you CAN do is go to the board, hit the Inbox tab and search for quadcities. You can then try and leave him a message. There's no guarantee he'll reply, but it might be your only chance to get through to him. 

January 20, 2022 6:50 pm  #3

RadioActive wrote:

There has not been a single post to that board since last September and not many before that. I'm not sure if it's even considered active. I have heard a rumour - and it's only that - that the board admin. may be seriously ill. If so, it may be impossible to reach him. 

The one thing you CAN do is go to the board, hit the Inbox tab and search for quadcities. You can then try and leave him a message. There's no guarantee he'll reply, but it might be your only chance to get through to him. 

I went looking and it says he hasn't been on in almost 2 years. I was hoping to reach him about maybe taking the board over so it doesn't get deleted and it can stick around and maybe get revitalized

January 20, 2022 7:15 pm  #4

I've have sent requests to the admin but no response.  My password doesn't work there anymore.

January 20, 2022 8:34 pm  #5

geo wrote:

When Jenn Campbell died, 11 months ago, a no. of SOWNY regulars who knew her tried to register on Quad Cities to share condolences and memories    

A message popped up that "your registration is pending".     Am told that continues to be the situation almost a year later  

I mention this is because there doesn't seem to be much "goodwill" in the Quad Cities entity ("goodwill" in the commercial sense)        

Good luck with this

Like I said I looked up the admin and he has not signed on in almost 2 years, so either he has given up, or he was/is really sick, or he has passed away. I am hoping its just that he gave up but it is hard to say

January 21, 2022 12:44 pm  #6

For those interested Quadcities actually logged in and is committing to getting the site running again. He posted this on his site
Sorry to have let this board go dormant for so long.  This site got so overwhelmed with thousands of spam bot user requests that I stopped checking for new users and messages.

Please try signing up again if you haven't been approved and wish to participate.

Quadcities Admin