sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 17, 2022 1:25 pm  #1

CTV News Toronto sloppy again

I really hate saying ANYTHING ever negative about broadcasting because I love all media but on the noon newscast today they switched away in the middle of a live report to a promo for “Amazing Race” then after that played it went back to the newscast feed that apparently was preparing the various camera angles for the next story.   No audio.   Then they cut to play the rest of the stopset (not sure that’s the correct term for tv) ads then back to news.   Normally CTV doesn’t make big errors like this.

Last edited by djwildbill (January 17, 2022 1:25 pm)

January 17, 2022 1:57 pm  #2

Re: CTV News Toronto sloppy again

I saw it too, They lost several feeds during live hits or interviews, which may be more storm related than anything else. But the fuster-cluck you're referring to appears to be an error in Master Control and not the CFTO control room that was producing the noon news, because the former is the only one that generally controls when the spots run. 

And you're right. It was a major mess. 

How ironic, though, that they weren't quite ready for Michelle Jobin to do the weather during the first 10 minutes of the show, which was all storm related. The hook-up wasn't there until about 20 mins. in, and she clearly was outside her own home, likely because the weather person couldn't get in because of the weather!

January 17, 2022 4:52 pm  #3

Re: CTV News Toronto sloppy again

Staffing is so lean that no-one was there to tell this meat puppet that his jacket was TV-repellent: