sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 16, 2022 8:37 am  #1

For fans of Domenic Troiano

This afternoon at 2 pm on Zoomer 740am, Vintage Favourites will have a special on Domenic Troiano. His son Frank, and the co-authour of the book about him and Robbie Lane are guests on the show. Couldn't find much in the way of details on the Zoomer website, but they have run promos for the last week or so plugging the show..He was a big player in the Toronto Sound of the 60 s. Many aspiring guitarists admired and respected him, along with Mike McKenna and Robbie Robertson, wanting to be able to play guitar at the level they did. Does anyone here have any stories they would care share with us on SOWNY? I'll take a guess that John D. may have sat down with Domenic a time or two to share a pint or .....a few stories with him. A friend  who lived in Downsview, not far from the music store Domenic  worked in at one point (can't remember the name of the shop), went there on a regular basis for his own guitar needs told me how helpful  and kind Domenic was to that teenager who wanted to be as good as Domenic was.I'll put a link to his website for those not familiar with him. https://www.troianomusic.com/

January 18, 2022 12:26 pm  #2

Re: For fans of Domenic Troiano

Norman.  One slight error on what is a great post.  Frank is his younger brother.

January 18, 2022 1:40 pm  #3

Re: For fans of Domenic Troiano

Oops.Apologizes to the Troiano family and everyone here. Focused on getting the post up in time. Didn't double check on the fact that Frank was his brother, not his son.