sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 14, 2022 4:36 pm  #1

Why was the Evan Solomon show not on today?

They were running some weekend show. 

Last edited by cash (January 14, 2022 4:45 pm)

January 14, 2022 4:57 pm  #2

Re: Why was the Evan Solomon show not on today?

He's never on Friday so he can prepare for CTV's Question Period, which airs on TV Sundays at 11 AM. That other show was probably Chatter That Matters, a podcast featuring marketing expert Tony Chapman. It runs at noon every Friday in Solomon's place.

January 14, 2022 5:44 pm  #3

To play this re-roll nonsense in the middle of a busy news day is one of the reasons I have given up on Toronto talk  radio. 

January 14, 2022 6:20 pm  #4

I would agree a pre-recorded show (usually available the night before in podcast/streaming form no less) airing in the lunch hour on a major city's key talk radio station is a bit, at best, odd - and at worst, tacky, but it is what it is.

For what it's worth, the 1-2 pm "Free For All Friday" (simulcast on a few stations) was fully live today with Amanda Galbraith and two co-hosts (Tamara Cherry one of them).

January 14, 2022 11:05 pm  #5

AspectRatio wrote:

I would agree a pre-recorded show (usually available the night before in podcast/streaming form no less) airing in the lunch hour on a major city's key talk radio station is a bit, at best, odd - and at worst, tacky, but it is what it is.

Toronto's "key talk radio station" is at 99.1, by a huge margin.